Chapter Nine

Chaeryeongs pov

This morning, the three of us stayed in our hotel just talking and decided to go to the mall. We left a few hours ago, and did a little bit of shopping. So far, I bought a new phone case with Chococat from Hello Kitty on it. Lia and Ryujin ditched me to watch a scary movie I didn't want to watch, so now I'm sitting alone on a bench, sipping my boba that I just bought.

I had just finished my boba, so I sat up and walked over to a bin, dropping the empty cup inside. Just as I was walking back to the bench, I heard a voice call my name.

"Chaeryeong!" I looked over to see Lucy, or what I assumed was Lucy walking over to me.

Like last night, she was wearing a cap and a mask. Her sweatpants were a dark grey shade and her shirt was white with Chococat from Hello Kitty, as well as her orange hair that was tied up in a messy bun.

"Lucy!" I waved and smiled as she stood next to me. 

"Hey Chaery," She called me by a nickname and I blushed. "How are you?"

"I-Uh, yeah I'm good thanks." I looked at her mask confusingly. "Are you sick, why are you wearing a mask?"

She looked alarmed, and I tilted my head. "Oh, yeah... I have a small cold." She looked away, scratching her. "I'm fine though," She added, seeing my concerned face.

"Anyways... where do you wanna go?" I asked, thinking of places we could go to.

"Well... I'm kinda hungry, do you want to go get a snack?" 

"Ok, I know the perfect place!" I grabbed Lucys hand smiling, pulling her to a cute cafe I had found the second day after I had arrived here in Seoul.

After a minute of walking, we arrived. In front of us was a black and white small cafe, with cute pictures of black cats crawling across the walls, the menu, and signs.

"The black cat!" I read out the sign at the front, which was written in bold, black letters. "Lets go inside," I took her hand again and pulled her inside.

It smelled sweet, like strawberries and fresh baked goods and I let out a small sigh and smiled as I smelt it.

"Welcome to the black cat!" One of the workers greeted us. "Table for two?" 

"Ah, yes please!" I smiled sweetly, and she nodded, leading us to a table in the back of the cafe. She handed us the menu and said, "I'll be back to take your order in 10 minutes, but you can call me if you are ready sooner." 

She bowed and walked away as the two of us took a seat across from each other. I picked up the menu, as did she.

"What are you thinking of getting?" I asked her and she look up at me with an expression I could not place.

"I, um... am not that hungry." She put the menu down. "I think I'll just have a drink."

"Ok, that's fine." 

We were in silence for a few more minutes until the waitress to came, taking our orders. Lucy got an iced coffee while I got a piece of cake.

"So, are you a student?" I asked her, trying to break the silence.

"Uhm..." She looked away but replied after a second, "No, I finished high school last year and I'm just working."

"Not University?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"So... your nineteen?"

"Yeah."

"I guess I'll have to call you Unnie then, I'm only eighteen."