Bewitched - Chapter Twenty Four

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter Twenty Four

A week passed with Ashwin and Sivaangi hiding their newly confessed feelings in front of everyone. Sivaangi and Harish, continued visiting mills while Ashwin focused on his new start up but tagged along with them.

Harish had to go to Mumbai for work. So, he left in the middle of the week and it was just Ashwin and Sivaangi. Taking the chance, they spent some quality time together post work.

Half the day, they would work seriously, going to places, collecting information about the resources. The other half went with them roaming around Coimbatore and spending time together.

One such late afternoon, Sivaangi was done with her work for the day. She asked if Ashwin could take her somewhere out of the city. He agreed. They stopped by a bakery; got some snacks and he drove her to one of his favourite places.

It was a river near Karavalimadapar and Kumarapalayam, which is located around Coimbatore. Even though it's a river, where Ashwin brought Sivaangi, at that particular point, the water flow is slow and looks like a lake. It was surrounded with trees and bird sounds echoed everywhere.

"Wow!" Sivaangi beamed as she looked around.

Ashwin smiled and guided Sivaangi to a rock. They sat down with the snacks they bought. He told her about how he came here with Sanjay once when he was feeling very down and how this place gave him the peace he was looking for.

"Inga kulikalama yenna?" Sivaangi asked.

(Do people bath here?)

"Kulikalam ma. Safe dhan. Aana ipo vendam. Koncha nerathula iruttirum" Ashwin said breaking a paneer puff and gave one half to her.

(Yes. It is safe. But let's not get into water now. It'll get dark soon)

"Hmmm. Namma oorulayum ipdi Kulika aaru lam iruka?" Sivaangi asked and took a bite of the paneer puff, relishing its taste.

(Hmmm. Do our town also has river for us to bath?)

Ashwin smiled when Sivaangi mentioned his town as theirs. With a soft smile, he added, "Iruku. Naa kuptu poren kaalaila nerama"

(Yes. I'll take you one morning)

"Aiii! Browniee!" Sivaangi exclaimed with a broad smile making Ashwin chuckle. He gave her the brownie box and a wooden spoon.

"Ada, indha spoon lam yedhuku Ashwineyy. Brownie ah ipdi dhan sapdanum" Sivaangi grinned and took a bite of the brownie. It was topped with chocolate ganache.

(What's the need for this spoon, Ashwineyy. This is how one should eat brownie)

Ashwin chuckled on seeing Sivaangi's mouth filled with brownie. Chocolate was smeared on her lips and upper chin.

"Vera level taste uh!" Sivaangi appreciated the sinful dessert and had another bite.

(It tastes amazing!)

"Ongala pathi yedhachum sollungalen" Sivaangi dashed her arm with Ashwin's who was mum and looking at the water with a serene smile.

(Tell me something about yourself)

"Yenna solla?" Ashwin asked looking at Sivaangi.

(What shall I say?)

"Yedhachummm" Sivaangi dragged but then asked, "Heyy ongaluku idhu vara ethana crush irundhruku?"

(Anything... Heyy, how many crushes you have had so far?)

Ashwin laughed.

"Heyy yenna sirikuringa?" Sivaangi raised an eyebrow at Ashwin.