Bewitched - Chapter Thirty One

Author's note

I know you all are expecting a note from me. Seriously, if you still trust them, stay. If you don't, then, to protect your mental peace, do what you have to. As for me, my stand is somewhere incorporated in this chapter. 

I'm clearly overworked and I have a 13-14 working hours a day ahead this week. Apologies for not updating soon. I was caught up with lot of works. Once NAAC is over I'll try to be regular.

Nodikku Nodi!! My Annan's movie! Praying for everything to go smooth for him in this journey! Super happy for him! And what was that dance! Wow! Sivaangi has set the floor on fire! Keep them both in your prayers.

Thank you to all those who have read, voted and commented on the previous chapter. It means a lot. Please do continue supporting me the same. Will boost my morale to update soon.

How's the new book cover?

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Bewitched

Chapter Thirty One

Ashwin's eyes widen in shock as he took a step back. Him in front of the camera again? His averted his gaze and shook his head.

"Ashwin!" Sivaangi stepped forward and held Ashwin's arm.

"No!" Ashwin gulped and closed his eyes to collect himself. Sivaangi squeezed his arm, letting him know that she was with him. He sighed heavily and opened his eyes, "Sivaangi, I-I have closed doors on all that and I don't want to open it again. I w-"

"You don't want to open or you were forced to close?" Sivaangi snapped.

"Sivaangi..." Ashwin sighed shakily as he clenched his fists helplessly.

"Ashwin, you have been punishing yourself all these years over something which wasn't your fault" Sivaangi fisted Ashwin's shirt, "That Rajesh isn't half accomplished in life as you are! Yet, you hung your head in front of him! Why?! Because you believe that you had failed! You carry that shame that you couldn't fight for what you want! More than him, you believe that you have failed!"

Tears polled in Ashwin's orbs as he stared down, unable to meet Sivaangi's eyes.

"From what I understood, not your family or friends or even my words will make you believe otherwise! Only you can! You don't have to live with this shame and pain throughout your life! You deserve much better than that!"

Sivaangi's voice softened,

"Give yourself a chance to redeem yourself, Ashwin. Take this opportunity. You owe it to yourself; to try. I know you still long to act; that you still blame yourself for the opportunities you have lost and for not having the courage to pursue your dream. My eyes didn't miss how your eyes flickered to the photoshoot setup. There was longing in your eyes, but also, passion. You still have it in you, Ashwin. This may be your second chance in life!"

Ashwin listened to everything Sivaangi said; his gaze still fixed on the floor. She was right. He was the one who constantly blamed himself. He couldn't bring himself to stop thinking that he has failed. If only he took the bus to Hyderabad, things would have been different; his life would have been different.

Even though Ashwin decided not to look back on his cinema dream, he wasn't happy about that. He sacrificed his dream for his mother who did everything she could to give him a comfortable life. There were regrets, yes. Had he gathered more courage, he could have managed to convince his mother. But he felt defeated and accepted his fate.