Chapter Three

I hid in my closet like I was told. I sat on the floor and waited for what felt like forever. Suddenly I heard the yelling and glass shattering. I tried to get up but I couldn't.. It's like I'm glued to the floor. Then I heard gunshots. My attempts of trying to get up failed miserably... What the hell is going on?

The  walls suddenly started to close in on me.. They keep coming closer and closer and I can't do anything about it. I started panting and my heart started beating so fast and so loud you could hear it from the end of our street. I tried to stand up again but I couldn't..

I started screaming for help but nothing came out. All I could hear was this devilish laugh that started to come closer and clo-

"Ray!! Wake up! Wake up!"

I felt someone shaking me by my shoulders. I snapped my eyes open and saw Nick just a few inches away from my face. I sat up straight and rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry, it was just a nightmare.." I muttered.

"About the accident, right?"

I looked at him and nodded.

"Come on then, get up. We're going out for a walk."

He helped me up and we both walked downstairs. We put our shoes on and exited the house. We walked in silence until we reached a park a few blocks away.

"Come on let's go in there... It looks calming." Nick said.

We walked through the park and sat on the ground in front of the Lake. The view was beautiful and also calming like Nick said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and I nodded. "Okay, what happened?"

"I was in my closet hiding. And then I heard the yelling and the gunshots. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I tried several times but failed miserably. Then the walls started to close in on me and I couldn't do anything. I started screaming for help but nothing came out and then I heard this devilish laugh that came closer and then you woke me up." I explained.

I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt some drops on my hand. I wiped my tears with my hand and just looked at the Lake. Nick kept rubbing my back the whole time.. He then pulled me on his lap and held me tight.

 I always felt more comfortable with Nick. Maybe because he lives a couple of blocks away from my house and we hung out more with each other. I also love Jonah and Chase and I could talk to them about anything and ask them for advice but there are just some things that I can talk about with only Nick. And to answer your questions, no I don't like Nick like that, he's like my brother. People ask us if we're a couple but we're not, really. We're just so close to each other. And I'm also not ready for a relationship. We're going on tour with One Direction next month! I need to focus on music for now. Maybe I'll find Mr. Right on the way.

I hid my head in the crook of his neck and sobbed quietly.

"You know, I feel like it was my fault. I just hid in my closet all the time and did nothing. If there was something I could have done to help them, I would have, really.."

"Rachel Williams! Don't you dare blame yourself. Your parents told you to hide because they didn't want anything to happen to you.. You're their daughter for god's sake! I'm sure you would have done the same to your daughter. And because of you these psychos are in jail. If you hadn't called the cops, they would have killed other people. And it wasn't your fault that your parents died. The killer panicked when he heard the sirens and just killed them" He said and pushed me away slightly to force me to look at him.

"But why would anyone kill my parents? What did they do? They were so kind and polite to everyone." I said.

"I don't know Ray.. Murderers just kill. They don't have to have a reason to kill anyone. It's their job. And I'm sure your parents didn't do anything. And I'm also sure your parents won't like it if you kept crying about them. They want you to be happy in your life. I know you miss them but try to focus on other things.. And they'll watch over you now. So they're always here." Nick said and looked me in the eyes.

His brown eyes show sympathy. He's so sweet and also beautiful. Jonah and Chase also. Girls in my school throw themselves at them. Maybe they're jealous because I'm close to them? I'm sure that's not just it.

"Thank you Nick for everything. I want to get over the accident but everything just reminds me of them. And when I stop thinking about them for a minute and just be happy, something about them comes up and I just break down." I sighed.

Nick hugged me and rubbed my back again. It's so calming when he does that to me.

"I know Ray.. But we're here to help you. And I'm sure the tour will help you get your mind off of them for a bit."

We sat like that in silence just watching the sunrise. We then walked back to my house. I went to my room and laid down on my bed for a while until I felt my eyes close and before I know it, I fell asleep.

....................................................................

I woke up to loud noises downstairs in the kitchen. What the hell are those boys doing? They better not mess anything because I won't clean after them.

I got out of bed and entered my bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and got out. I put my hair up in a ponytail and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

They boys were trying to make breakfast, I think, but the burning smell says it all.

"What the hell is going on in here?" I yelled. All the boys froze and looked at me innocently. Hahaha  these looks won't work, so give up trying boys.

"We were making pancakes but we burnt them." Jonah said and sheepishly smiled. Yeah they better be afraid of me.

"Why didn't you guys wait for me?? I could have made breakfast without making a mess!!"

"We were hungry?"

"Niall I'm not in the mood for your sarcastic comments. If you were hungry, you could have woken me up." I groaned. "I won't make you guys any breakfast until you clean up this mess that YOU made!"

The boys groaned but started to clean up everything. I just sat on a chair by the counter and watched them clean up, or more supervised them. These boys can easily hide and not do anything. After they cleaned up everything, I stood up and made pancakes for all of us. We all sat by the counter and ate.

"What should we do today?" Chase asked.

"Can we go to the mall? I kind of need more clothes and I need you to help me choose." I told them.

"Why do you need our help Rachel? It's so boring" Jonah  said and groaned.

"Because! You guys are really helpful.. I don't know why but I end up buying nice clothes when I'm with you." I shrugged.

"Fine!" Jonah muttered.

"Thanks Joey." I grinned.

After we ate breakfast we all went to get ready. They boys went home to get changed and they will meet us there.  I went up to my room and took a small shower. I got out and went to my closet or more like my dressing room.

 I decided to wear black skinny jeans and a white shirt and a leather jacket over it. I blow dried my hair and curled the ends. I put on concealer and a thin layer of eyeliner and my dark red lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked okay. I put on my black combat boots. I grabbed my black purse and filled it my things that I might need for today. I then walked downstairs and found Niall on the couch waiting for me.

"You look beautiful." Niall complimented me. I blushed and thanked him.

We both walked out of the house and got in my car. I'm driving of course. No one, and I mean no one has ever drove my car. My car is like my baby. Only me can drive her and take care of her.

I started the car and drove to the mall with rock music blaring through the speakers.