𝙽 𝙸 𝙽 𝙴 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽

𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝚒𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞
𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝

-21 Savage ft. Summer Walker | Prove It-
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮

𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝚆𝙴𝙴𝙺𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁

It's been years since I last competed, and as I enter through the doors of the headquarters that belong to the Atlanta Cooking Competition, feelings of nostalgia start to hit me hard.

My footsteps echo as I make my way through the marble and gold-streaked floors of the quiet lobby, heading straight towards the registration desk, where a blonde woman was there to greet me with a smile.

"Hey, good afternoon. My name is—"

"Oh hi, Ms. Davis, it's great to have you back!" she said proudly, like she knew me personally. And it hit me, the impression I must've left behind from my last competition, a few years ago. The recognition in her eyes flatters me, but really I'm just hoping I still have what it takes.

Pushing away the doubts, I smile confidently. "Wow, thank you! I appreciate it." I returned, resting my hands at my chest as I pouted and smiled. Then I dug into my purse for my wallet so that I could hand her my ID to scan and she stopped me before I could pull it out.

"Oh, We've already pre-approved your entry from the online submission. Just need you to sign here."

"Gotcha." I nodded and took the pen from her, and I signed and dated my name, hoping that the nervous feeling fluttering in my stomach goes away soon.

Really, it's the excitement and anxiety about stepping back into the competitive arena after so long that's getting to me. The bright lights, the steam and heat from the kitchen, the pressure of delivering a great dish, all eyes on me... my mom and dad watching... Derek...It's thrilling but terrifying all at once.

But I need this money and with the money I made working for the Lauders, just a few weeks ago, this $25K will be more than enough for me to get my food truck started, like I always wanted.

"Thank you, Ms. Davis, we'll see you soon." The assistant said as she handed me a packet, filled with details about the competition and on the way back to my car, I opened it to scan over the dates and guidelines, seeing that the first competition is set for two weeks from now.

And as if on cue, the person I wanted to share this with, the same person who's been supporting me from the start is calling me and I'm excited to answer.

"Hey Daddyyyy!"

"Hey pretty lady!" My dad always knew what to say to put a smile on my face and that makes me miss him more, even though my parents live only an hour away from me. "Did you finish signing up for the ACC?"

"Yeah, Daddy, just walked out of the building. They even had me pre-approved." I tell him as I unlock my door, feeling prideful.

"That's my baby girl... Told you they was 'gone recognize you." he chuckles on the other end and I can picture his face lighting up as it always does when we talk about my achievements.

"Mhm... You was right." I say, then I slide my body into the leather seat and lean my head back against the headrest as I close my eyes, sighing in relief.