Chapter 4: Speechless

Chapter 4

The sun shone through the window of Harry's bedroom brightly, causing me to awake from my slumber. My brown hair was sprawled out across the mattress. My body was scrunched up into a tight ball.

.

"H-Harry," I mumbled, my hands traveling around the mattress, trying to find the warmth of his skin.

When my eyes had opened, I found a empty bed next to me. Where was Harry? I was sure he had slept with me last night. Had I passed out in the shower again? No, I couldn't have.

I could hear the faint sound of footsteps coming from the hallway. There were quiet mumbles and whispers coming from what sounded like the kitchen. I tried to hear what was being said.

"I almost died."

"We didn't know."

"You've would've known if Kylie..."

The voices seemed to trail off. If Kylie would have what? I couldn't hear the rest of what was said, but I knew it was important.

"Fuck you!" A voice that had a thick Irish accent yelled.

Niall.

I quickly jumped out of bed and threw my hair up into a messy ponytail. I needed to get out there before things got out of hand.

I turned the cold knob of the door and swung it up. I stuck my head out of the doorframe to get a good look at what was going on. Niall and Harry were standing in the kitchen. Niall had a bandage on his forehead and on some of his fingers. I could see dried blood on his knuckles. His arms were folded over his chest. He had an irritated and hurt look on his face.

"Niall, you know I would have been there if I'd just known," Harry said with a glum look on his face.

Harry stood there towering over Niall. Harry was 5'11 while Niall was only 5'7. They both were tall compared to me though. I was only 5'4.

Niall let out a little laugh and returned his eyes to face Harry.

"That's another joke of yours, isn't it Harry?" Niall asked, his face becoming pale.

"What are you trying to say?" Harry asked, his facial expression becoming cold.

"Harry," I interrupted.

I didn't want this to go on any further.

"H-Hi," He stuttered, his expression returning to normal.

They both backed away from each other.

"What just happened exactly?"

I walked over and stood between Harry and Niall. I rose an eyebrow up toward both of them as I patiently waited for an answer.

"Well, it depends. How much did you already hear?" Niall asked without making eye contact with me.

I scratched the back of my neck as I repeated everything that I had heard back to Harry and Niall.

"Oh, okay. Well I guess I should start with the fact that I got into a car accident last night, and when I tried to call you, you didn't answer me," Niall snapped.

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. I eyed his deep cut on his forehead. I could tell that it was still bleeding because of how red the bandage was.

I walked over to him and placed a soft finger on his wound. He let out a small wince of pain. I rubbed my finger over it gently.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered.