| 10 |

(TW: violence and abuse)
But on the bright side—Valentino's about to get a beating by a certain someone 🤭

Estella arrived to the hotel, not bothering to knock, instead, barging into the lobby without much thought. Her presence brought an abrupt stop to whatever the residents were doing earlier, as they were still not familiar with her and chose to be more weary around her.

"Oh hi! You're back!" Charlie was the first to exclaim, welcoming her with that bright smile of hers which could light up the world and make everyone else happy along with her.

"Missed me?" She teased, playfully ruffling Charlie's hair once the younger girl moved close enough. Her eyes scanned the room, noticing Angel Dust, Husk, Sir Pentious, and Niffty to be looking somewhat rough, as if they had just went through war. She raised a questioning brow at this.

"Charlie- are you hurt? Why is everyone else wounded? What happened during my absence?" She asked in fake concern, glancing over Charlie's figure to—fortunately, find her uninjured. It wasn't that she was worried about her, it was just the mere agreement between Lucifer and her to keep Charlie safe during Estella's stay at the hotel—nothing more.

"Oh, uh, I'm fine. We just had a trust exercise that involved going outside, that's all," she reassured, letting out a nervous chuckle. Thankfully, to Charlie's relief, Estella dropped the subject, as she turned her attention back to the residents who were now doing their own thing before she entered.

Charlie moved back to Vaggie who was waiting for her girlfriend by the couch, eyeing the other fallen angel with uncertainty. The Princess of Hell went over to join her girlfriend while Estella moved towards the bar where Angel Dust and Husk were, immersed in light conversation.

"Just a glass of water, thanks," she started, interrupting Angel Dust's speech. Husk lifted a brow at her choice of beverage but didn't question her further, knowing better to judge the Estella's choices. However, the porn star didn't quite care who or what she was, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Just water, toots? You've gotta be joking," he mused, giving her a toothy grin. No fear evident in his eyes, she noted.

"I'm not much of a drinker, if that's what you're implying. I prefer to have full control over myself," she stated matter-of-factly.

"But where's the fun in that?" Angel questioned, peering over his almost empty glass.

"I don't do 'fun', dear," she replied nonchalantly, earning an eye roll from the other.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Suit yourself, toots," he said, before bringing the contents of alcohol to his mouth, downing it down in one go. Husk silently observed the spider demon while cleaning a few glasses, letting out a sigh when Angel Dust asked for another drink.

As she sat at the bar, she took another glance around the hotel. Charlie and Vaggie were nowhere in sight, presumably having gone up upstairs, Sir Pentious seeming to have disappeared as well, Niffty sweeping the floors off by the corner, and Alastor gone once again.

She took a glance outside the window, noting how it was now dark outside.

Without a word, she stood up from her seat and left the bar, returning back to her estate, leaving Angel and Husk alone.

~*~

The next day, she arrived to the hotel early in the morning. This time, being greeted by a not-so enthusiastic Husk behind the counter.

"Good morning! How are you?" She started, walking towards the grumpy winged-cat demon.

Husk only let out a huff in response, clearly agitated he still had to deal with life.