Ep2 ~ P4

Y/n's pov

Me and Enid were painting our canoe for the Poe Cup when Wednesday approached.

"I have to get back into the woods, but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass," he told us. I made a face at his example of Weems.

"And you want us to cover so that you can return to the scene of a crime that didn't happen?" Enid asked as she painted.

"No, just you. I need Y/n's help. I have beekeeping club this afternoon." Wednesday said.

"You? Beekeeping club?"

I looked at him in disbelief. "I'm surprised you didn't scare Eugene with your... charm." Wednesday looked me up and down before turning back to Enid. "I need you as decoy."

Enid grimaced. "Sorry. Two strikes. I'm busy and bees totally creep me out." She turned her attention to Wednesday. "Why don't you ask Thing? Oh wait, you can't because he's mad at you."

"What did you do this time?" I sighed.

Wednesday looked confused. "Why is he mad? He's the one that screwed up with Rowan."

I looked at him in disbelief once more. "That's not important. What's important is that you hurt his feelings."

"Exactly. We spent an hour giving each other manis and he really opened up." Enid agreed and resumed painting. "He feels like you don't respect him as a person."

"Technically he's only a hand." Wednesday tried to argue.

"But he's your family, Wednesday," I said.

Enid nodded in agreement. "And he would do anything for you. Go apologize and I'll reconsider helping you. He's in my dorm, by the way."

Wednesday stared at us before rolling his eyes and leaving to apologize.

Enid sighed. "I'm really judging your choice in men."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I looked at her confused.

"Your little goth boy."

"Wednesday? What about him?"

Enid looked at me as if I were stupid. "It's obvious you're head over heels. Sure he's cute but he's kind of... emotionless and sad?"

My face turned pink. "First of all, it's not like that. We're just friends."

"That's what you said about the last guy." Enid groaned.

"W-what last guy?" Enid just laughed.

"Ugh, whatever. Second, he's not sad. He's just... like that..."

Enid nodded. "Sureee." She said and resumed painting our canoe.

💀💀💀

Wednesday's pov

I walked into Enid and Y/n's room. I paused looking around for Thing. I hear the rustling of paper behind me. I turned around to see Thing on Enid's bed flipping through a magazine.

I walked over. "I snapped at you. I'll check my tone in the future." I said. Now chop-chop, before all our leads turn cold." I turn to leave. I stopped when I heard a page flip instead of Thing following. I turned and walked up to Thing again.

"What is it that you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? Knew cuticle scissors?" I questioned. "Consider it done." Thing closed the magazine and threw it. He tapped on the bed and I sighed. I sat down on Enid's bed next to him. Thing then begins to sign.

"I know I'm stubborn, single-minded, and obsessive. But those are all traits of great writers." Thing signed once more. "Yes. And serial killers. What's your point?" I watched Thing as he signed.

"I have nothing to get off my chest, and I am not submitting to your emotional blackmail." Thing tapped his fingers impatiently.

"Fine," I said finally giving in. I pulled a folded drawing from my pocket and unfolded it to show Thing. "When Rowan showed me this, it confirmed my greatest fear. That I'm going too be responsible for something terrible. Not good terrible like Ivan. Bad terrible. And I can't let that happen. That's why I need to find the truth." Thing pats my hand sympathetically.

"Breath a word of this to anyone and I will end you." I stand up. Thing signed another thing before I left.

"What about me and Y/n?" Thing drew a heart in the air.

"Ew. No. There is nothing going on between us. We are just... colleges." My face flushed red and he drew another heart in the air. "I do not like her. She's just useful to me at the moment." Thing wouldn't hear it and drew more hearts. "Love is for useless fools. And I am not a fool." Thing drew more hearts.

I glared at him. "If you tell a soul about this conversation I will end you." I threatened again. Thing drew one last heart before slinking away in fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi friends!

I'm back! Hopefully I'll stay back. I just been really busy with school and I suffer from lack of motivation. I'm hoping I'll be able to post more now that school is almost out. If I'm gone for too long, please spam me. (Nicely please.) and hopefully it'll give me motivation. But just heads up I'm probably not going to be going a fanfic of a series again after this. They're just way too long and take so much time and energy. Love you lots. 🩷

Lizzy