Ep1 ~ P8

Y/n's pov

I sat in the back seat of Principal Weems' car. She was driving and Wednesday was in the passenger seat.

"Your first day and you're already on Sheriff Galpin's radar. Wish I could say I was surprised." Principal Weems scolded. "But you Y/n, I am surprised it's very unlike you to get into fights." I opened my mouth to defend myself but Wednesday interrupted me.

"She wasn't involved, she was just a witness," he said. Principal Weems glanced over at him quickly before looking back at the road.

"What did he mean about my father?" Wednesday changed the subject. I leaned back in my seat and stared out the window.

"I have no idea, but a word of advice. Stop making enemies and start making a few friends. You're going to need them." I looked at the back of Wednesday's head. Does he consider me a friend? Principal Weems slowed down.

"Looks like an accident," she said. "I hope the driver's okay." A red pickup truck was smashed by a large semi-truck. Smoke came off the trucks.

"He's dead," Wednesday stared at the scene. "Broke his neck." The scene was making me uncomfortable. I looked down at my lap. My hands were covered in ice and stuck to the seat. I swore under my breath and pulled my hands off the seat. I brushed the ice off my hands.

"How can you tell from this angle?" Principal Weems asked, staring at the scene as well. After we drove past the accident we picked up speed. Nevermore soon came into view.

💀💀💀

That night I sat on the rooftops reading my favorite fairy tale story. To get away from reality. I wish that someone would love me like the fairy tales. I looked up from my book when I heard music, it was fairly close. I looked around for the source, with no luck. I sighed and went back to reading.

"Y/n! You here?!!" Enid called. I groaned in annoyance. I climbed back into my dorm room.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"No, Just see if you were here," she replied. I glared at Enid.

"You called me here for no reason."

"You didn't have to come down." I opened my mouth and then closed it.

"Touche," I said.

💀💀💀

Later that night, Thing came to my dorm with a note. It read 'meet me at my dorm in 10. -Wednesday' "Why would he want to meet me?" I mumbled to myself. "Oh right. He's leaving." I put on a f/c hoodie, grabbed my phone, and left to meet Wednesday. I took my usual route to Ethan's dorm. I knocked on the door. Wednesday opened it.

"Hi," I said. Wednesday stepped aside to let me in. Closing it behind me.

"So you're really leaving," I said. Wednesday nodded. The laptop on Ethan's desk rang. Wednesday walked over and took a seat. I stood behind him. He stared at the screen not knowing how to answer it. I reach over Wednesday's shoulder and click the answer button.

"Uh... hi," Tyler said. Tyler's eyes were wide with fear.

"Are you..." Wednesday cut me off.

"That's Thing."

"Is he... like your pet?" Tyler asked. Wednesday blinked.

'He's sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level," Tyler stated.

"You're calling me weird?!" I exclaimed.

"You do have weird elemental magic," Tyler replied. I opened my mouth and then closed it with a huff.

"What happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?" Tyler asked.

"Desperate times," Wednesday answered. "Are you still willing to help me escape?"

"I guess," I shrugged.

"After what happened at the Weathervane today, I figured they'd have you in solitary," Tyler remarked.

"There is the Harvest Festival this weekend. We could use that as a cover-up." I suggested. "We do have to go to that." Wednesday looked back at me.

"That will do." He turned back to face the laptop. "If you're willing to drive me to the station, I can make it worth your while." Tyler thought for a moment.

"I'm in," he said. "And no charge. Consider it a freebie."

"Why," Wednesday asked.

"Cause I wish I was going with you. At least one of us will get out of this hellhole town." Tyler pursed his lips.

"If I really wanted to, I could escape, you know. I just choose not to cause my parents will kill me. They put too much effort to get me into Nevermore." I spoke up.

"Isn't that because you almost blew up the headmistress?" Tyler scratched his head.

"Yeah, I don't want to talk about that." I looked down at the ground thinking about the moment. Principal Weems the person I almost accidentally killed. I'm glad I didn't kill her. I don't plan on going to jail anytime soon.