Chapter 4 - Setting The Truth Free

They shook me and I saw their face, it was Merick, I ran from him but he followed me while calling my name, I was so clumsy that I tripped over, finally, Merick caught up to me and held my hand to help me get up. 'Come on, let's go home.'. I resisted and threw his hand away.

The sun was about to set, I was so angry at him, but he was so calm, he changed so fast. 'Why are you like this?', I asked him angrily
—'What? Why did you run?', he calmly replied, for real? He answered my question with another question.
—'I said why are you like this? Suddenly you were very kind and helped me?' and I left him, but he replied to me,
—'What do you mean? Do you know what's coming out of your mouth?' he said and followed me and led me to a bench to sit in,
—'Why should I come to a person that killed his best friend's pet?' I replied,
—'What? What do you mean I killed your pet, huh? why are you accusing me of something that I didn't do? Tell me everything' he asked me,
—'So you wanna know, huh, first you woke me up because I made our bed wet from my sweat'—"What the hell are you talking about, wait, I wrote a note for you, I put it beside the hamster cage. I put it there because I know you were angry at me. Did you read that?' he asked.
—'Note? No' I replied.
—'I said in that note that I will leave early because I will go to the next city with my friends and I will be back at 6 in the afternoon.'
—'You're not the person in our house, then, who was that? I asked. When he said that he was not that person, I suddenly felt a twitch in my heart, I was so scared, I cried that time, I don't know what to do, everything was shuffling in my head. Merick was comforting me while I was being crazy, it was traumatizing, I think I can't go to our house ever again. 'I'll call the police if you are ready to go home with me' Merick said to me.

Merick hugged me and he asked me if I wanted to go to the mall with him, I agreed with him, he said that I will feel better there, we went to the arcade, I was thinking of that incident earlier, I can't forget that hell experience. Merick called me and he stared at me sharply just like the man in the morning, I cried so hard, people looked at me in disgust, I can see it in their eyes, then when I closed my eyes for a moment to calm myself, everything was all normal the people in the arcade were not looking at me and Merick calling me and smiling because of the flooding tickets that he earned from that game whick he catches some fish. I smiled distinctively at him and his facial expression changed, he came to me and asked me if everything was okay, I said that I wanted to go home but I was scared, I need to rest because I was exhausted from what happened today but I need someone to sleep with' I said— 'I'll sleep beside you, 'till morning' Merick replied.

Merick called the police since we were heading home, they went to the mall and got us on the car, Merick was guiding me to check if something happens to me or when my hallucinations appear again. but I don't know if that was my hallucination, I held the guy's hand physically, I was crying inside. We arrived at our house, the police men searched the house, Merick and I waited outside with another police man, after a couple of minutes, the police men that searched inside the house went to us and told us that they didn't see any marks or evidence in the house , Everything was fine so we went inside and I looked around the house, it was all normal, I went in my bedroom, Mimi was there, eating her food, I was relieved and kissed my pet, I went downstairs and Merick and I ate our dinner, he cooked me soup to relieve my fear, I washed the dishes after and went to bed.

I was so scared that I told Merick to sleep beside me on the floor because I didn't dry the foam that had been drowned by my sweat earlier today. I slept so fast that after I closed my eyes it was already morning, something was weird.