Chapter 10 - I Came Back To Feel Better

I woke up, with some white stains outside my mouth. Probably my saliva that dripped from my mouth. I removed it and looked at the windows, we were near, we're at the village where we... live. It's time to bring back the memories!

It was four o'clock in the morning, I hope mom was awake 'cause I remember a time, she literally always got up so early, like three or four something, and when I was attending my elementary school, she always woke me up five in the morning and started to yell 'Hey, it's noon already!', I love her caring for me.

We stepped out of the vehicle and Merick paid the driver some money, he helped me to carry the baggage. I was correct, there were lights that were opened and a radio that was so loud that the whole neighborhood could hear it. I knocked on the door and waited for him to open it.

'Okay you two, welcome back-' as mom was opening the door. She was shocked to see us and she hugged both of us, mom kissed me for like a million times and insisted on helping us with our baggage, I refused because it was embarrassing for me. She led us to the couch, made us coffee, and said 'I will ready your room, just relax on the couch and drink your warm coffee. 'Aunt didn't change, huh. She was the nicest person ever since mom died, she treated me like her own...' Merick said to me.

Mom finished taking care of our room. Merick and I put our things inside and went to the kitchen where mom was working.
'You didn't tell me you two were coming over' mom said
—'It was a surprise, for you, mom' I replied
'How was school there? Is it great? Are you doing fine?'
—'Mom, it's okay, I'm fine' I replied to her and smiled softly.
'Shan, I have to tell you something. Since your dad had passed, I became so desperate and lonely, I may have a boyfriend that I wanted you to meet, I didn't tell you sooner 'cause I want you to focus on your studies there in the States. Are you okay with that?' mom slowly said.

I was shocked, but I remember that before dad died, he said to mom that whenever she feels lonely and desperate, she should find someone that can help her heal. He also told me that I should accept and appreciate every person that comes to us 'cause they were blessings in our lives.

—'Of course, mom, I want you to be happy, I love you' I said
'Thank you, baby, I love you too' She replied

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door, when mom opened it, I froze in shock, it was the two, the guy and the little boy from the plane, I was happy because they were nice people, I smiled at them. Merick smiled at them too.

They went inside the house, I have known that The grown up man's name was Thomas and the little boy was Ryle. Thomas was Ryle's father, mom told me. We sat at the table to talk about our trip because mom made an early breakfast for us, she baked some cookies and made spaghetti.
'Shan, was it? Nice to meet you' Thomas said to me and smiled.
'Yes, sir. So you have a son, sir, how old is he?' I asked
'He's eight years old, He doesn't have a mom on his side when he opens his eyes. Her mom died when giving birth to him...' Thomas sadly told us. I didn't ask for the rewind but I told him 'Oh, I'm sorry about what happened, I hope you moved on.' to make him feel better..

Thomas looked at me, I kinda crept out, 'I'll protect your mother even if I'll be a sacrifice.' he said sadly. 'Thank you for that, Thomas', mom told him and patted his shoulders.
'Let's eat and feel yourselves at home and get some sleep  so that you won't be tired later...' She said.

Merick and I went to our room while Ryle and Thomas also went to their room. As I closed the door, something was weird, the wind became cold, and the room became darker.