Chapter 5 - Leaving The Marks Behind

I woke up, something was off, I didn't remember what happened yesterday. I called Merick, he was not answering, he's not in the house, I looked outside, no one, but I looked in the backyard, on that tree that I Him and I planted when we started our journey in college, Merick was standing in front of it, he was staring at it, I called his name, then he smiled at me, he quickly ran to me and told me that the breakfast was ready in the table, before he open the food cover, there was a red liquid dripping from the table, the hell is that! Parts of people's faces were on the table, such as eyes, nose, lips, and even teeth were there, then Merick screamed—'Rise!".

I woke up while Merick was repeatedly saying 'Rise up Rey', I hurriedly stood up and I felt relieved, it was just a nightmare, my hallucinations were killing me, why is this happening to me, her food plate was empty, so I put some in there. I asked Merick—'What's happening?', 'We'll go to Aunt Yllanna' he replied. I haven't seen her for a while now because we were so busy lately, but now was the right time, I really missed her. 'We'll go there, I'll book us a flight, wanna come?', I said—'It's okay I'll stay here for a while. As he was leaving, I knew there was something odd happening there, I called him and told him—'I changed my mind, I'll change my clothes, wait for me'. As we were leaving, something whispered in my ears—'It is near for you boy' I felt goosebumps, I ignored it because I didn't want that incident yesterday to repeat.

We got to the airport and booked a flight, I saw hundreds of planes lined up outside, one of it caught my eyes, it was shining metallic blue, there are two spaces beside it, I think it was very rare, I looked at it, the lights inside was all opened, and it's blinking like Christmas lights, then there was a man sitting by the window, he slowly turns his head to me and as soon as I was to recognize the man's face, Merick called me, I looked at him, 'I booked a flight, we'll leave tomorrow, one post meridian'. What a bummer, I smiled at him and looked at the plane again, the lights were closed and I didn't see the man.

We left at the airport and went back home, we waited at the bus stop. There he was again, sitting on the bench, I called Merick, I whispered to him and asked if that man was strangely odd, he whispered to me back, what are you talking about, what 'he'? She's a her, you blind', Merick said to me, what the frickin' goddess of bacon and cheese, am I hallucinating again!? Hell nah, I looked at him or her again, it was an old woman, she noticed me looking at her then smiled at me, she was cute, but I was scared of her also.

The bus was here and we got up and took ourselves inside, all of the bus' rows were made for three seats, there was an empty row, Merick and I sat in that row, Merick was in the window seat, while I was in the middle seat, suddenly, the women or the grandma sat beside me, I was sweating so hard, she noticed it and told me—'Why are you sweating, sweety? Are you nervous? Me too, I remembered this bus driver, he was speeding so much, when I screamed, my dentures nearly fell from my mouth' she laughed, I laughed softly too, I think she was nice—'Don't worry, I know what's on your mind, don't you worry, I will not hurt you, but remember, It's near, Shan' then she smiled and pulled her knife from her purse and stab me in the stomach, blood dripped from my mouth, I suddenly woke up, Merick woke me, we were near our house, the woman was gone, how come I don't notice that I was falling asleep?