Chapter 12 - Desires Of The Silent Spirits

'I woke up, it was dark, when I rolled over, I was on the floor, then suddenly, I heard a little kid talking to someone. It was Ryle, he was talking to... wait, is that, Thomas? Luckily, there was a cabinet near me, I went behind it and, it wasn't spying, I was just listening.

—"Do you like the visitors, Ryle?" Thomas asked to Ryle.
—"Nope, they were not friendly, I think they were angry at me, I'm scared, we should lock them in a dark room and slowly kill them, right dad?" Ryle replied and grabbed a knife with a snake logo on the handle from the cabinet that I was behind. I was getting nervous. He didn't catch me.
—"I'm so proud of you son, you're getting better, but let's take it easy." Said by Thomas and patted his son's head as if he was his pet and kissed him on the chick. I suddenly woke up and it was already morning.'

I didn't know why I was so good at memorizing my dreams, I told this to Merick and he was shocked. I was too. Then we both left the bedroom. Ryle ran towards us and I smiled, Merick smiled at him too. I asked mom what was for breakfast and she called me. 'Oh good morning, Shan, you're in good timing. Come and help me cook pancakes.', I helped her while Merick was on the couch watching on the television with Ryle. I looked for Thomas, he was about to go outside, in the garden.

I finished cooking and I called them so that we could eat. Everybody was at the table eating except Thomas. I went to the garden, I went there for the first time. I saw a well, and beside it, there was the sculpture boy with a rope in its hands. Thomas was digging  a big hole like he will bury something big on the ground. I was curious, but before I approached him, he saw me first. He quickly put the shovel on the ground and quickly said 'Let's eat!', held my hand and pulled me inside in silence. I saw something that was weird, there was a hidden camera. on the roof, why?

While we were eating in silence, Thomas suddenly asked us if we wanted to go to the carnival. 'Oh yeah, do you want to go?' mom also asked. I was not interested and then suddenly, Merick told them that we would like to go to the carnival.

A couple hours passed and the sun was setting down. Thomas was watching on the television and told us that we should go now. We got ready. Merick asked me if it's okay to bring a bag with a couple of bottled water. After that, we went outside to wait for a taxi to pass by.

Thomas went outside the village 'cause we were waiting for a taxi in front of the house for a couple of minutes now. A few minutes later, Thomas was there, it was fast.
We went in, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery outside the window of the taxi.

City lights were shining in the streets while we were entering the carnival. There were so many people entering, I saw a tent with people barely entering. I was confused 'cause it was huge but almost no people entered it. I told them that we should try to enter. They agreed, I was surprised.

On our way there, Merick and I first entered, then mom, Thomas and Ryle followed. Merick was talking and talking,  he's talkative again, I was glad. When suddenly a metal was dropped on the floor, I didn't know what that was. Merick wanted to look at it but I told him not to 'cause I was paranoid. He pointed at something in the opposite direction, I looked at it, but when I looked back, Merick was gone, I called out his name but I couldn't see him.  I went to the room where the fallen metal sounded from. Merick's not there, all of them were not there, but I saw a shiny thing on the floor, hidden on a floor mop. I saw a knife, when I held it, I looked at it and it made me horrify, a snake logo...