Chapter 14 - Truth Of The Past (Last Chapter)

Creaking floors, I walked out from my bedroom and went to the kitchen. I heard somebody go inside rushing from outside when I opened the lights.

'Thomas?' I asked. He stepped in and pretended like he was from sleeping and went to their bedroom, I entered the bathroom and I heard someone walking slowly. But when I got out, there was nobody around. I peek in a tiny hole that led to the garden. Then I saw Thomas but I barely saw him, he was digging again, the hole that he dug was so deep. I only saw his head.

'Peeking on someone?' I looked and I was surprised, it was Thomas.

'Wha-who-who was that on the hole?' I asked him shakily.

'Thought of your friend, he was so kind, he helped me.' Thomas said and smirked at me.

'What kind of potion did you put on him so that he's following you?!' I asked in discreet.

'I told him something that he will never forget, wanna hear it?'

He was smiling creepily, I got scared so I sprint to mom's bedroom and ready to wake her up, I opened the door and I banged it on the wall so hard that the concrete wall cracked.

The room was dark, I hurriedly walked through mom's bed. I saw a liquid dripping from the bed, it was so dark that I can't really assure what the liquid was. Mom didn't wake up when I made the banging sound when opening the door. I held her arm and shook her. Then I saw something shining in the bed.

"Knife!? Mom, wake up, mom!" she's not waking up. Then suddenly, the moonlight shines from the window. Blood. I looked into my mom's body, her neck was cut. I was crying so loud, why my mom? Why is he killing them, is he gonna kill Merick? And me? Why!?

My eyes were glowing red when I left the house and went to the garden, When I opened the door, a shovel was banged in my head, I was unconscious.

I woke up, Ryle was playing at the rope that had been tied to me tightly in a tree, I could barely breathe.

Merick was beside me, he was so calm that he wasn't affected that Thomas killed mom.

"If I were you, I would love to sleep permanently in a big and deep hole." Merick whispered in my ears. I can't talk, there was duct tape in my mouth. Then Thomas was dragging mom's body into the hole, my tears were falling continuously from my eyes. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to escape from this. Thomas went in front of me. He ripped the duct tape from my mouth, it became swollen and blood was dripping from my face.

"Why are you doing this?" then suddenly, Merick put a knife close to my neck.

"Maybe you should listen to Thomas' story, it will make your point of view change."

"I was driving in the streets of the States. I was with my baby Ryle and his mother, Roana. Then suddenly,  I bumped into someone's car, it was your father's, Shan. I bumped into him's because our car was in lack of maintenance and it is almost broken, thankfully we can use it but it completely broke when suddenly, your dad went out from his car furious and pulled out a gun with a silencer and shot   me, I was not hit, but unfortunately, my wife was. I was stubborn at that time and I was about to go out of the car when suddenly. He pointed his gun at me and threatened me that he will shoot my son and I if I fight back. I thought about my son, who will protect him when he grows up? I put my arms up with tears in my eyes and anger in my head. Your father's crime wasn't complained to the police because he used his money to make the people shut their mouths, he threw money at me. I went to the hospital with my bloody wife and our son, Ryle. Unfortunately, my wife didn't make it, the crime scene was ignored by the police because those foolish people were manipulated by your father's wealth."

"What does it have to do with Merick that wants to kill me? I understand you. But I was not involved in that situation and my mother also, so what does it have to do with us?". After saying that, I remembered studying with knots of ropes and I think I can apply it  escaping here. I swiftly removed it while they were saying things.

"You fool little brat, no you cannot understand what I am feeling and I will feel relieved if I kill you and your mother."

"Merick? Why are you doing this?"

"Seems like you don't know yet, Thomas, tell this freak what happened"

"You really want to know, huh" the knife was in my neck and Merick kept it there.

"Many years later, I knew your mother's face and name but she didn't know me yet. Then in an alley, I saw Yllanna and your evil father, talking to a woman. I saw your mother's tears were falling, and your father's poker face while the woman was crying and begging for your father. A gun was pointed into his skull and he shot her and she died quickly as the bullet buried into her head, the two left quickly while your father was dragging Yllanna and leaving the body in the alley. I was at my friend's apartment. The alley was exactly in front of the window of the apartment. Then suddenly, I saw your father's partner, The Greec, he was so desperate like he was finding something or someone, he ran and ran, but he ran through the alley where the woman was lying on the floor, he quickly held her head and hugged her tight, he screamed that who did the killing to his wife and he was crying while calling for help. Look how evil your father is, I should kill you too so that your father's illegal doings will stop from you, from now on."

I was crying while he was telling me that story and Merick was also crying but he kept the knife in my neck.

"We should better be going, Merick, help me with Yllanna", then they threw it in the hole. They were so busy that they didn't notice that I escaped. Ryle was in the kitchen's door, playing with the gnomes of mom. I can't cry at that time because my main mission is to escape from these bastards and make.them suffer in jail. Then I saw a shovel near the plants, I picked it up and positioned myself to hit this with them. I ran in tears and hit Thomas so hard that it made him fly into the hole that he made. Merick went and grabbed the shovel in me and we made a big mess, he kept hitting me with the shovel but everything, I would avoid it. Then suddenly, a blue and red light flickers in front of the house.

Policemen were rushing in the crime scene, with Mr. Greec. all of them have guns and it looks like they all knew what they were gonna do. They ran through Merick and Thomas, alongside Ryle and they brought me a blanket for the night. We were all brought in the streets and they talked there, I was sitting and Merick was being scolded by his father.

"I didn't raise you like that, why would you do that to them? You deserve to live in jail and learn your lesson, you brat."

"But Mr. Adriano killed mom, remember?"

"No he isn't. That man with you killed her, he is a serial killer sniping his targets and leaving them with their families behind."

"But why does Mr. and Mrs. Dukeceed ran when mom died?"

"I already told you that this man is a master of disguise. It was all a lie, full of lies, he is the oldest serial killer in the world, he's just switching faces using his targets' faces. He has a disease that makes him believe in all his lies. He killed his wife and threw him in the river, but nobody  knew where the body was until now. Your mother, Merick, died because of this man and he will be punished to death, and you, for fifty years of prison, I hope you learn your lesson even when I'm dead."

Merick was crying so hard that the police got off him and he ran to hug me tightly.

"I'm so sorry for what I did, Shan, I didn't mean to, I wasn't thinking, you don't have to forgive me, just trust me that I am really sorry for what I did" then the police men dragged him into the car and he sobbed while they left.

I continued crying in the street and Mr. Greec went to me. We were alone, just the two of us.

"How did you know that, Mr. Greec?"

"Don't call me that, you can call me dad, I will take care if you like how I took care of my son, but he was an easy person, you aren't, you're strong"

"Thank you, dad, but how did you know that there was a scandal in the house?"

"The CCTV, remember?"