Chapter 13 - Reality Was Exposed

I heard someone's scream nearby, It was Merick, I think someone was threatening him. I quickly hid the knife in my pocket. I went to the noise, and I saw a man on the floor, blood was all over him, but when I looked at his face, I felt terrible, it was Merick, 'Hey wake up, is this some kind of prank?' I shook him but he didn't show me a tiny twitch in his body. I cried so hard and I heard many people approaching us. 'Mom? Thomas? Ryle? Is that you?' I shouted while crying. I looked at them with disbelief, I saw Merick standing, he was behind Thomas. I was confused and looked again at the man, it was Merick's bag, I was soaked with water.

Mom was worrying for me, 'Baby, what's wrong? Why are you so wet?'. She said.
'Mom, I saw Merick dead here on the floor, I wasn't lying, please believe me but suddenly he became a bag' I cried so hard and hugged mom tightly. Merick went to me and hugged me too. Thomas and Ryle were looking at me disappointed. Mom held my hand and helped me stand up.

Merick grabbed his bag and opened it, 'Why does my bag have holes in it and the bottled water too, I think somebody pierced it using a knife? or something?'. Merick said. I saw Thomas sweating so much in the corner of my eyes when Merick said that. I already knew that he would do something but I didn't think of it much. I went to Merick. Mom, Thomas and Ryle were together in front while Merick and I were behind them. While we were walking to ride a taxi home, I talked to Merick.

—'Where did you go? I was so scared...' I said to Merick.
—'I went to the noise and I saw nothing, then I went to the other room, I heard somebody's voice, I quickly dropped my bag so that I could run faster. I saw your mom and the others, but when I was leading them to you, Thomas then suddenly lost. He left. But I didn't know why. But when I heard your scream, he came back in a glimpse, sweat was dripping in his face while looking at me. We went to you and we saw you there, on the floor hugging my bag that you thought was me.' Merick recapped.
—'Am I crazy?' I asked Merick while I was looking down, desperate... but before Merick could answer. A taxi stopped in front of us and we all went in.

We arrived at the house and I quickly went to the bathroom to change my clothes. Mom and Thomas were eating at the table while Ryle was asleep on the couch. Merick and I didn't eat dinner and went straight to the bedroom. I brought the knife from my pocket and showed it to Merick in the bedroom, he was more shocked than I was. We already knew that something was off and this knife made us more suspicious in the Vill's.

We didn't sleep for the night and we waited for something to happen. Then suddenly, a shadow of a person walked in front of the window outside the house and looked at us in the bedroom. We pretended to be asleep and when the shadow left, Merick slowly looked in the window and saw Thomas was still digging non stop in the garden, mom didn't notice him, why?

'He's still digging in the garden, I was worrying 'cause what if he kills us? what if he kills my mom?' I said and stopped Merick, he agreed for what I had said and we went to bed for safety.

—'We should call the police, right?' I asked Merick.
—'Do you think they will believe your dreams? I don't think so, but I believe in you, I'm not sure if they will too...' Merick replied.

I was thinking of a plan, but nothing was popping in my head. Then Merick told me that we should pretend that we didn't know what he was doing. I was hesitant at first  but I agreed with him.

It was late at night, the silence was so loud. I can hear myself thinking, Merick and I looked outside. Thomas was not there. I was getting sleepy, Merick was so awake, his eyes were telling me that we should never sleep that night. I fell  asleep but suddenly I heard something metal that had been smacked on something. I looked below me. No one was there. I looked in the window, 'M-m-m-Merick?'