Chapter 9 - Threatening Actions By The Shadows

Something was off, I said to myself. I was looking at the narrow space inside the restroom. I went out because I was finished emptying my bag.

'Hey Merick, can you ask a flight attendant for some snacks, thank you' I said to him as I went to my seat. I was shy for someone to serve me. 'You can do it.' Merick replied while reading his scary book. 'I tap the button to call a flight attendant. Someone went to our seat, she was the flight attendant that gave Merick some chips a while ago. She left with a smile on her face and said to me, 'Have a nice trip, sir'.

'Have you seen the guy and the little boy earlier?' I asked Merick. 'What are you, Shan? An alarm clock, huh? You have unlimited questions, yes I have seen them, so what?'  he sarcastically replied to me. As I was about to say something again to Merick, the pilot announced that we were landing inland in a couple of minutes. What a coincidence, why does it every time that I was about to say something, it will be interrupted? We arranged ourselves and looked for trash under our seats.

All passengers were lining up and slowly leaving the plane, I looked back 'cause there's something touching my shoulder. I saw the guy and the little boy three feet behind us. They both smiled at me like only the three of us were in the plane, I smiled back to show my calmness. with them.

All of the passengers were inside the airport receiving their baggage. Merick was the one that went to get our baggage, I just waited outside the airport, in the taxi area. I saw 'that' two again. They didn't see me.

I saw Merick coming from inside the airport. I called him but he didn't hear me, I remembered that he had his ear pods in his ears. I approached him and told him that there were taxis a few blocks from here. I grabbed my bags from him, he was busy on his phone. I suddenly remembered our address here in the Philippines. It was a five-mile road from the airport, it was near, thank God. I remembered our place 'cause mom and dad always go there until they decide to permanently live there.

While we were inside the taxi, waiting for the driver that went to the restroom. I saw shadows beside a tree, there were two of them, a grownup and a kid size shadows, they were waving their hands. I realized that both of them are boys. they were near the car, like just a few meters from us. The grownup one threatened me, I don't think he was doing it for me to see or what. He was acting in three ways, the first one was he was pointing at me, so 'You'. The second one, he acted like in the movies that someone was telling another person that him or her was going to kill the threatened person. I was terrified, after that, I told Merick that there are shadows that were trying to harm me, I pointed it to make Merick see it, but the shadows were gone, he said that those are just tree branches and there's nothing to worry about. Of course I didn't believe him because he's not the one who saw it, I do.

I didn't think of that much 'cause I don't want my anxiety to hug me. Suddenly the driver got inside the taxi and told us where we were heading. I asked the 'kuya' if the restrooms are far from here 'cause he takes ages to come back. 'Kuya' is a term in the Philippines that's used to call a man that's older from you or just for respect purposes. I just didn't do that, I had the courage to joke even though someone or something was threatening me. I didn't think to muck about it, I just relaxed on the humidity inside the taxi while Merick was there looking at the empty streets along with the warm street lights.