♡-8

Waiting for Chan to finish his work was filled with lots of laughs, as much as possible casual talk, and occasional sneaky glances and shy smiles.

I didn't want to get my hopes up but my heart didn't give me peace.

When he finally finished, it was almost three in the morning.

"Sorry you had to wait... I never imagined this would drag on..." Chan pulled his lips in a thin and apologetic smile.

I brushed it off, changing the subject and asking him about his life and whereabouts.

On our way to my house, Chan told me that he came to this town for a seasonal job and quick cash because he needed it to study music abroad.

That revelation shattered me to pieces and sobered me up.

He lived in a different country and will study in another one while I will remain here...

The silence fell between us but I didn't want to make it uncomfortable so I forced a smile and wished bom luck in his pursue of a better life and dreams.

"Hey, um..."

He avoided my eyes when we stopped in front of a small wooden beach house where I lived.

Streetlight cast a soft glow on his face that seemed to have a tiny spread of pink hue. Chan rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

"Can I... Can I see you again... Tomorrow?"