♡-14

I cried endlessly but I knew that would happen eventually. I knew but I wasn't prepared.

We hugged and cried at our secret spot at the beach as sun dipped below the horizon.

Three months flew by so fast and I had a feeling there were still things left to do, words left to say, dates we haven't been on, kisses we didn't share.

So, that Sunday, Chan took a day off and we spent it inside my room, inside my bed, under the covers where our bodies and lips mingled until we were out of breath and energy, falling asleep in a tight yet comforting hug.

I never wanted for a new day to never come but it did. I wanted to never wake up from my dream but I did. I wanted him to never leave me... But he did.

That Wednesday was awful.

We hugged, kissed, and cried at the bus station until the final announcement.

We proclaimed our love but he needed to go. I took of the golden necklace and gave it to him. It was my most prized possession but, just how I gave him my heart, I gave him the piece of jewelry in hope it would remind him of me.

I waved and cried and so did he.

As the golden sunrays fell on the town, the bus with a man I love exited the station and a half of my heart went with him while the other shattered to million sparkly golden pieces and cut my insides.