Chapter 9

As they settled into the grand, sprawling estate, Yn noticed Jin's demeanor begin to shift

As they settled into the grand, sprawling estate, Yn noticed Jin's demeanor begin to shift. He became increasingly withdrawn, his gaze distant and his movements lethargic. She knew the emotions he had been holding back were finally catching up with him, and she feared what might happen if he didn't find a way to process them.

Later that evening, as the rest of the group congregated in the living room, Yn found Jin in the kitchen, nursing a glass of whiskey. His eyes were red-rimmed, and his hand trembled as he brought the glass to his lips.

"Jin..." Yn said softly, her heart aching at the sight of her dear friend in such a state.

Jin looked up, his expression vacant. "I... I can't do this, Yn. I can't keep pretending everything's okay."

Yn reached out and gently pried the glass from his hand, setting it aside. "Jin, you don't have to pretend. We're all here for you, in whatever way you need."

Jin's gaze dropped to the floor, his shoulders slumping with the weight of his emotions. "I just... I can't stop thinking about her, about what she did. And seeing Yoongi and Hana, it's... it's too much."

Yn pulled him into a comforting embrace, her own eyes brimming with tears. "I know, Jin. I know it hurts, but you have to let yourself feel it. Bottling it up is only going to make it worse."

Jin clung to her, his body trembling with barely suppressed sobs. "I... I don't know what to do, Yn. I feel so lost, so... so broken."

Yn rubbed his back soothingly, her voice gentle but firm. "You're not broken, Jin. You're hurting, and that's okay. But you're not alone, and you're going to get through this, I promise."

Just then, the sound of raised voices echoed from the living room, and Yn's heart sank. She pulled back, her expression filled with concern.

"Jin, stay here, okay? I'll go see what's going on."

Jin nodded, his gaze unfocused, and Yn hurried out to the living room, her mind racing.

As she entered the room, she was met with a tense and charged atmosphere. Mr. Kim, Jin's father, was standing in the center of the group, his face twisted with fury.

"How dare you?" he bellowed, his eyes fixed on Jin, who had emerged from the kitchen, a half-empty bottle of whiskey clutched in his hand.

"Dad, I-" Jin began, his voice slurred and unsteady.

"Shut up!" Mr. Kim snapped, his hand raised as if to strike. "What had been so wrong that you took up to being drunk that too with everyone at the house?"

Yn's heart raced as she stepped between Jin and his father, her expression both pleading and resolute.

"Mr. Kim, please, this isn't Jin's fault. He's going through a lot right now, and-"

"I don't want to hear it, Yn!" Mr. Kim interrupted, his gaze burning with anger. "Jin's been coddled and babied his entire life, and look where it's gotten him - drunk."

Jin flinched at his father's words, the bottle slipping from his grasp and shattering on the floor. Yn could see the anguish and shame etched into his features, and her heart ached for him.

Yn knew she had to act quickly before the situation spiraled further out of control. Steeling her resolve, she stepped forward, her eyes narrowed with determination.

"Mr. Kim, with all due respect, this is not Jin's fault. He's been through a traumatic experience, and he's doing the best he can to cope. Yelling at him and belittling him is only going to make it worse."

Mr. Kim's expression shifted, his brow furrowing as he regarded Yn with a mixture of confusion and irritation. "Yn, you've always been too soft on him. Jin needs to learn to toughen up and move on, like the rest of us."

Yn shook her head, her voice unwavering. "That's not how it works, Mr. Kim. Heartbreak isn't something you can just 'get over' with a snap of your fingers. Jin needs time and support to heal, not judgment and cruelty."

Mr. Kim's expression shifted, his brow furrowing with confusion and no more anger, "Yn, What are you talking about?."

"I will tell you, just let me take jin in his room" said Yn

Mr. Kim opened his mouth to protest, but Yn cut him off, her gaze never wavering.

"Jin is not broken, and he is not a disappointment. He's a human being who is hurting, and he deserves compassion, not condemnation."

The room fell silent, everyone's eyes trained on Yn as she stood her ground, her protective instincts flaring. Mr. Kim stared at her, his expression a mix of shock and begrudging respect.

Finally, Yn turned to Jin, her expression softening. "Jin, come with me. You need to rest."

Jin nodded mutely, his face pale and his eyes downcast. Yn gently guided him out of the room, ignoring the lingering gazes of the others.

Once they were safely ensconced in one of the guest rooms, Yn helped Jin settle onto the bed, her hand running soothingly through his hair.

"Jin, I'm so sorry you had to go through that," she murmured, her voice laced with empathy.

Jin let out a shaky sigh, his gaze fixed on the floor. "I... I'm such a disappointment, Yn. How can my own father look at me like that?"

Yn's heart broke at the defeated tone in his voice. "Jin, you are not a disappointment. Uncle was angry seeing you so drunk. I know he was wrong and so was his way of talking but i assureyou he will not say a word to you now. "

Jin shook his head, his lips trembling. "But what if he's right? What if I'm just... broken, beyond repair?"

Yn cupped his face in her hands, forcing him to meet her gaze. "Jin, listen to me. You are not broken, and you are not beyond repair. You're hurting, and that's okay. But you're also strong, and resilient, and you have so much love and support around you."

Jin's eyes glistened with unshed tears, and Yn gently wiped them away with her thumbs. "I... I don't know how to do this, Yn. I feel like I'm drowning, and I can't find my way back to the surface."

Yn pulled him into a tight embrace, her own tears spilling over. "I know, Jin. I know it's hard, but I promise you, you're not alone. We're going to get through this, one step at a time."

They sat there for what felt like hours, Jin clinging to Yn like a lifeline as she offered him the comfort and reassurance he so desperately needed. Gradually, his sobs subsided, and he pulled back, his expression weary but a glimmer of gratitude shining in his eyes.

"Thank you, Yn. I... I don't know what I'd do without you."

Yn offered him a small, encouraging smile. "You'll never have to find out, Jin. I'm here for you, always."

"