08

✮✮✮

Isaac had just woken up about an hour ago and was concerned about how many notifications he was hearing. Who could possibly be needing him this urgently?

As fast as he picked up his phone, his jaw dropped. What the fuck.

✮✮✮

jacobbryns:

hey man, i don't want to have to be rude or anything but i see the way you're talking to my girl. Or lets just say, the way you used to talk to my girl, seeing as you've ruined anything you had with her based on yalls last messages.

I would appreciate it greatly if you didn't message her again

it felt like there is something between you guys and i don't need that fuckin w me and her, yk?

you seem like a good guy, why would you want to be a homewrecker? surely you can get a girl of your own, im not one to share :)

if i find out you two are still communicating after this something will happen. dont push it buddy.

✮✮✮

All Isaac could do was laugh, it was hilarious the damage this guy thought he could do. Deciding to not give this guy the attention he so desperately wants, he just screenshots the messages and blocks his account.

Why was Emery dating this asshole? It was the only question he had. This guy was terrible, in every way. He was not the guy he seemed he was sure of it. Emery had praised his efforts mentioning how he was the first boyfriend she had who put effort into things.

Isaac knew fully well he was just doing it for show. He just had something about him. Radiated horrible energy.

After that 'situation' he decided to go down into the kitchen to get some breakfast, if you could consider it that as it was almost 1 in the afternoon.

On the way down he bumped into Yumi who mentioned something about talking to Emery and he stopped in his tracks.

"What?" Isaac questions looking over at Yumi.

"Emery was messaging me the other day about you, said you weren't texting her or something, i didn't even know what to tell her man. What is up with you and her?"

That Isaac could not answer. There was no way he would explain how he loved her and wasn't sure if it was reciprocated. So he settled on a basic totally nonchalant response.

"Nothing's up with us, why? Do you think something is going on between us?" Isaac has now made it to the fridge opening it and scanning its contents.

Yumi, leaning against the counter, says "Well I didn't think there was before, but that reply is very telling" He laughs.

Turning around to face Yumi Isaac muttered under his breath the words "Maybe I like her and i don't know if she likes me"

"Dude WHAT?"

"Nothing, now let me eat in peace, bye." He waves to Yumi as he walks back up stairs to his room.

Isaac was in trouble. There was no way he actually couldn't hear what he said. Yumi totally heard it and now he's going to tell her and she'll hate him and then he'll nev-

DING

Pulling his phone out of his pocket to see who texted him he finds that it was Emery. Why was she texting him if her 'boyfriend' just threatened him?

✮✮✮

mkemery:

hey, is everything okay? i've thought about the stuff i said before and i wanted to apologize. While some of it I meant, I didn't want to hurt you or anything. I was just mad one of my only friends was blowing me off for something meaningless. I hope you can forgive me.

The only thing he could think of to reply with was the screenshot he had taken of Jacob's messages.

invisisaac:

*screenshot*

hey might want to get your little bf in check, who does he think he is.

✮✮✮

In Emery's house things were getting heated. She had read everything in that screenshot and confronted Jacob about it.

"Babe! Can you come here?" Emery calls out.

"Of course, what do you want?" Jacob replies sitting beside her on the couch turning to face her.

"Can you take a look at this?" She turns her phone towards him which is on the screenshot Isaac had sent her.

"I- Uh- I can explain I swear!"

"Uh huh, get started, there's not much i could hear to change my opinion."

As he rambles on about him not meaning anything he said and how he did it as a joke Emery was just deadpan. She knew he didn't mean it.

There had been multiple instances where Emery had the displeasure of listening to men lie their way out of an argument so it was easy to see in Jacob.

"Listen, i'm not impressed by any of these lies you're spewing. I really cannot fathom why you think you have a say in our friendship, we're online friends for fucks sake! We can't do anything if we tried. I think you're just insecure in yourself that you have to defeat anybody you view as competition. I really thought you were going to be different but it looks like you aren't. I want your shit out of my house in an hour. You're no longer welcome here." She stands up going to her room and leaves Jacob sitting in shock on the couch.

✮✮✮

mkemery:

hey, i just talked to jacob about everything, turns out he is just as shitty as every other man, what a shocker! fork found in kitchen am i right??

invisisaac:

i'm really sorry about that, i wasn't exactly sure what to do i just wanted you to see what he said

just because he was terrible, doesn't mean every man is you know, sometimes the best ones are right infront of you.

✮✮✮

Isaac knew what he was doing with that last text message. He had decided it was time to start slowly getting more bold.

Thinking back to what Jacob said and he realizes maybe he was right. He said there was something between the two. Maybe he couldn't see it because this is how it's always been.

Isaac couldn't think of a time where him and Emery didn't talk like this to each other.

Should he trust Jacob's words? Probably not, but it was kind of helpful. If from an outsiders perspective it seemed as if there were some sort of romantic feelings between the two, it could be the truth.

He knows on his end they're there, but couldn't be more confused about Emery's side. He wishes there was an easy way to ask her about things, but it'd just be way too awkward.

✮✮✮

what are some things you'd like to see in future chapters?