Poison's Lethality

"To set sail across the seas together, free from any burdens or responsibilities. With Sensei by my side, I believe nothing will be impossible for us. Oh, and we mustn't forget to bring Ibuki-chan along too!"

" Wait... you're not actually being serious are you?"

" Why would I not be? I've always dreamt of doing this with Sensei for quite a long time. Hehe... you're not actually afraid of eloping with a student, are you?"

Still clinging to Sensei's arm, Iroha flashed him a playful grin, causing the teacher to gulp nervously. Her reaction was far from what he had anticipated after revealing everything to her, so her behavior caught him completely by surprise.

"T-That's not the point here," Sensei stammered, shaking his head and diverting his gaze from his student. "You're still studying here in Kivotos. I can't just take you with me!"

"...Being a housewife wouldn't sound so bad," she replied, her teasing grin unwavering.

" What do you mean a housewife?! Are you not even going to ask why I'm leaving Kivotos?!"

Iroha paused for a few seconds, the grin fading from her face. While still embracing Sensei, she lowered her head, seemingly to hide her expressions from him. After a long silence, she pushed away from him and slowly got to her feet, deliberately facing away.

" Sensei is a teacher, and teachers can retire from work whenever they want to. As students, all of us should be prepared for this scenario to happen," as she said this, Iroha turned her head to Sensei, seemingly forcing out a smile on her lips. " Plus, Sensei is an adult who can make decisions for himself, so who am I to question you?"

" Iroha..." 

Iroha's words left Sensei utterly shocked, rendering him speechless. Noticing his dumbfounded reaction, she slowly walked towards the exit door and paused in front of it. After a few moments, she turned back to face Sensei, a soft smile on her lips formed.

" It's your fault, you know, Sensei?" Suddenly, she opened her mouth. " Everything was fine for me when you were still not in Kivotos. I continued to live my life just like any other students, but when you arrived and how I got to spend my precious times with you, I feel like I can no longer picture a future of myself without you in it." 

Just when Sensei thought she was done, Iroha shook her head before she continued her speech.

"I want you to take responsibility, Sensei, just like you always do for your students," she finished, her voice firm and determined.

Sensei's responsibility as an adult was being tested once again. This time, however, his role as a teacher was challenged by a situation he had no idea how to resolve. He never expected to become such a significant part of his students' lives, to the point where one of them confessed she couldn't envision a future without him.

The question looming in Sensei's mind was whether Iroha was merely testing him or if she was genuinely serious. Shaking his head to clear away his doubts, Sensei understood that questioning his students' sincerity would be an excuse to avoid the confrontation. He had promised himself to always do what was right for his students, therefore, running away was never an option.

" What do you want me to do, Iroha?"

At that moment, Iroha offered her hand to Sensei.

" Take me with you, Sensei. With you by my side is the only future I wish to be in."

Those words from his student were more than enough for Sensei to understand and make a decision. Responsibility as an adult had always been his duty, and now that it was being tested again, he swore to himself never to run away from it.