21

A/N: I apologize for the large break but I was extremely burned out after my exams finished and I had absolutely no motivation to write. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter even if it is a bit off.

"What is up with you this morning?" Rhiannon nudges my shoulder as we walk down the stairs. "You haven't made any comments about the stairs this morning." She laughs.

"Do I really complain about the stairs every single morning?" I snap out of my haze. I haven't seen Liam since last night and I'm a nervous wreck. I fully considered pretending to be sick so that I wouldn't have to see him, because what the fuck happened last night?

"You do." Violet laughs. "No, seriously what's up? You seem out of it."

"Honestly, I think I'm just tired, having to practise lesser magic and use my signet power every single day has really taken it out of me." It's not a lie, but it's also not the reason for my current mood.

"Hopefully we get a good breakfast, because we have Carr right after." Rhiannon looks back at me.

"Maybe you can ask Carr to take it easy on you?" Violet adds. "Although I doubt he would."

"Morning riders, what's the topic of the hour?" Ridoc rushes down.

"We were just talking about how Carr's classes are taking a toll on us." Violet responds.

"Really? I feel fine." He raises his brows.

"You do have the most common signet out of all of us." Sawyer counters. "No offence dude."

"I mean if having a cool signet means being a walking corpse, then I'm good." Ridoc clenches his teeth. "I do, however think ice wielding is very cool, thank you very much."

"Very cool Ridoc." I pat his back.

"See, Saeri agrees." He turns his head up. We make our way over to grab breakfast, which this morning is stew and some bread, courtesy of the freezing cold winds howling outside. After grabbing a large serving of soup and multiple slices of bread I make my way over to a table and take a seat.

"Have you seen Liam, Saeri? He usually comes down with us to breakfast so it's a bit strange not seeing him." Violet asks through a mouthful of soup.

"No, why would I know where he is?" I snap.

"Probably because you're on the same floor as him?" Ridoc smiles. "No need to get so catty I thought the whole 'grudge on Liam' thing was over."

"I...Whatever, eat your soup." I'm at a loss for words, because what would I even say?

"Speak of the devil,morning Liam." Rhiannon quips.

"G'morning everyone, Saeri." Liam smiles as he sits down next to me.

I am seriously regretting letting him into my room last night.

"Are you ready for Carr's class this morning?" He turns toward me and rests his face on his hand.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I sneer, making Liam raise his eyebrows. I genuinely feel bad for acting like this, but I don't know how to deal with my emotions in any other way. You could say I have the emotional maturity of a teenager and the anxiety of a newborn bunny when it comes to Liam.

"Good to know." Liam smiles, but his mouth doesn't curve the way it usually does.

"I might just be nosy, but I need to know what you two are being so.. mysterious about." Ridoc buts in.

"I was just asking her if she's ready for carr's class, you know since she's so tired." Liam turns to Ridoc.

"Right, noted." He eyes us suspiciously. Violet,Rhiannon and Sawyer also exchange glances with each other.