Jealousy, Jealousy

I can't help but throw my head back against the brick wall and laugh as I'm sitting on Rhiannon's bed.

" I don't even know what I was thinking." Violet groans from beside me.

"I can't believe you managed to wait this long to tell us." Rhiannon lifts the canvas strap of her bag over her head, and turns, leaning back against her desk. "And that's not judgment. Far from it. I'm all for you exploring... whatever it is you want to explore."

"I've been with Liam from the second I walked out the door this morning, and last night I was a little too discombobulated to put it into words." Violet sighs.

She must have slipped out after me and Liam did, because we never saw her leave.

"Good point." Rhi grins and her eyes sparkle. "Was it good? Tell me it was good. That man looks like he knows exactly what he's doing."

"It was just a kiss." Violet blushes. "But yeah. He knows exactly what he's doing."

"Second thoughts?" Rhiannon tilts her head. "You look like maybe there are third thoughts even."

"No." She shakes her head. "Well, maybe. But only if it makes stuff between us weird."

"Right. Because you're stuck with him for the rest of your careers. Lives, too. Have you guys talked about what happens after he graduates?"

"Oh, I bet you get the choice of duty stations. Wingleaders always get to pick." I start.

"He'll get to pick." Violet grumbles "I'll have to follow. Tarin and Sgaeyl haven't been separated for years."

"So does that mean one of you has to always follow the other?" Rhiannon purses her lips.

"No clue. That's why most mated pairs bond within the same year, so they don't have these issues. How am I supposed to remain competitive next year if I'm constantly flying off to the front line with Tarin? How is Xaden supposed to be effective if he has to fly back here all the time?" Violet scrunches her face.

"There's always weekends, plus I'm sure they'll figure something out." I shrug.

"He's the most powerful rider of our generation. He's going to be needed on the front, not here." She sighs.

"For now, the most powerful rider in our generation for now." Rhiannon stares at Violet.

"What-"

Three powerful knocks have us all looking toward her door.

"Rhi?" Liam's voice rings out in panic. "Is Sorrengail in there with you? Because-"

Rhi opens the door and Liam stumbles inside, catching his balance before his gaze sweeps through the room.

"There you are! I went to the bathroom, and you disappeared!"

"No one is trying to assassinate her in my room, Mairi." Rhiannon rolls her eyes.

"You don't have to be with her every second of every fucking day. Give us a few minutes and we'll be go to class." I scoff at him.

Rhiannon pushes at his chest and he retreats, his mouth opening and shutting like he's trying to think of an argument but can't, as she forces him out the door and shuts it in his face.

"He's..." Violet sighs. "Dedicated."

"That's one word for it," Rhiannon mutters. "You'd think that guy owes Riorson his life or something, the way he sticks to you like glue."

"Poor guy is being treated like a guard dog." I shake my head.

"Sympathy for Liam?" Violet raises her eyebrow. "That's new for you."