Chapter 5- Monica

Lydia's POV:

I'm up late reading Charles Bukowski when I hear someone's footsteps in the hallway. I hope it's not Thomas. I haven't talk to him since our almost kiss. What would I say anyway? He's probably forgotten it by now. Putting my poetry book down, I silently tip-toe to my door and peer into the hallway. Thankfully, it was only Alex. Upon seeing me, he turns and approaches my door. His face had a 'can I come in' expression and so I opened the door enough for him to enter.

"I can't seem to sleep." He whispers to me as he sits on my bed. I sit next to him, moving my book from the way and placing it on my lap.

"Me either. I was reading." I flash him a smile and he returns the gesture.

"What are you reading?"

"Charles Bukowski, I don't know if you know-"

"He's my favorite! Find what you love and let it kill you. That's my favorite quote of his. He is a legend if you ask me." He takes the book from my hands and opens the book, turning it to page 84 where his favorite quote became visible. I just smiled. "You probably want to continue your reading. I'm sorry I bothered you." He gets up to leave and I place my hand on his knee to stop him. I assure him that he hasn't bothered me and convince him to stay.

We talk. About everything. Family, friends, hobbies, favorite places. He asks me if I could show him around town she next day. Of course, I agree. Tomorrow is Sunday and I don't have to work anyway so I won't be busy. Excited that I'm free to act like his guide to our beautiful town, he tells me that we should get to bed so that we could get up early the next day.

After Alex leaves, I still can't sleep, because I keep thinking about his brother, Thomas. Why did he lean in so close? Did he want to kiss me? Did I want him to? A million unanswered questions roamed my brain until, finally, I fell asleep at four in the morning.

Dylan's POV:

Waking up, I can smell the pancakes Sara is making all the way from my room. I rapidly change into jeans, a Beatles shirt and black converse. I run downstairs and into the kitchen, sitting down at the kitchen table ready to eat. Breakfast was delicious. Sara makes the best pancakes ever, I don't even know why I hated her when she first started dating dad.

After breakfast was finished, I greeted everyone goodbye and left to go meet Monica at Starbucks to discuss some things to do with the charity event next month. While driving the car, my mind wondered and all I could think about was Monica. Her hazel eyes, her full lips, her beautiful blonde hair, she was truly gorgeous. I'vs been in love with her since the first day I saw her back in fifth grade. It was time to ask her out. I mean, I was becoming so pathetic. I've been in the friend zone for two years now and I haven't even attempted getting out of it, petrified of rejection.

I arrive at Starbucks, parking the car as near the entrance to the coffee shop as possible. As I entered Starbucks,the sweet aroma of coffee beans and tea filled my nostrils. Turning to the left, my eyes spot Monica sitting at her usual table by the back. As I reach her, she stands up to greet me. We hug and take a seat.

"I got you your usual," she smiles. I thank her and as she looks away I notice a hint of disappointment in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Concern clear in my voice and posture.

"Nothing, I just- Did Thomas tell you he would call me? I gave him my number last night but he hasn't contacted me yet. Do you think he will?"

My vision blurs, my knuckles clench. I can feel every muscle in my body contract as by blood boils in pain and fury. "What? I mean-uh, No he didn't mention it."

"That sucks. I hope he calls me. He is just so cute! And that British accent..." She looks at her phone, as if waiting for his call.

"He might. So what's about getting to work?" I try to change the subject so I don't explode from anger and frustration. She nods and we start discussing the venue for the event. But even then, all I can think about is her liking Thomas. What makes him so great? Okay, so he has a British accent and golden hair but I'm funny and smart. I can't believe it took her three years to become my friend but falls at Thomas' feet the day he arrives. I hate this. But what if Thomas doesn't even call her? What if he does? I should go talk to him and ask him to back off. He will understand, right?

----------------------------------

A/N:

So I know this is a short chapter, but I needed a transition chapter before the action starts! The few chapters that will follow will be really exciting, promise!

Vote, comment and share <3 Love you x