Chapter 1: Beginnings

"Can I sit here?" I asked. It is the second day of my freshman year of high school. I am still a little nervous, but I am slowly getting back to myself. I am a naturally shy person, so I am still very quiet. "Sure," the guy at the table said. There was a girl there too but she remained silent. I sat down still fuming over the fact that I was in this study hall. My schedule said that my orchestra class goes for a period and a half. Howeve, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, freshmen were required to be in study hall for a success class that counts as a required credit for graduation. Today happened to be a Thursday. Everyone else had assigned seats and they sent the orchestra kids to sit wherever at tables in the front. I was the only one of my friends to make the higher orchestra, so I was alone. All the other tables were full so I went to sit with the guy and the girl. "Hi I'm Joseph and this is Carly," the guy said pointing to Carly. "Amber," I replied studying Joseph. He was about my height, maybe a little shorter (I'm about six feet tall). He had blue eyes and short blonde hair. He honestly didn't leave much of an impression on me. We sat in silence throughout all of study hall. It was actually awkward since I didn't know them but they already knew each other. The bell rings and I find my friends and go to lunch.

The next few weeks were uneventful, aside from the fact that I made a new friend, Ashley. One day after school, I was texting Tiffany...

Me: hey. What's up?

Tiffany: nm... Texting Brandon to mess with him. Lol

Me: lol... Oh give me his number so I can mess with him too!

Tiffany: ok... Lol... His number is 555-7113

Me: k thanks! I will text him now.

I copied down the number and put it in my phone. I then opened a new message to Brandon.

Me: Hey Brandon! It's Amber, Tiffany's friend. Idk if you know me or not...

Brandon: no need for the intro... I know who you are. :)

Me: Yay! So what's up?

Brandon: nothing... Just got home and about to start hw. So I have to go soon :( I will talk to you after though.

Me: :( ok... Talk to you later! :)

Brandon and I began to talk all day everyday. I soon began to think of him as a friend so I invited him to my fifteenth birthday party. He was allowed to go so I became very happy.

One night as I was laying in bed, I began to think about him. He was so amazing and nice. It was that moment that I realized that I liked Brandon.

The next day, he texted me after school and asked me if I wanted to hang out with him and Anthony and Sarah, two of our mutual friends, at the local elementary school. My mom said it was cool so I grabbed my phone and iPod and left.

As I arrived, I waved to Brandon, Anthony, and Sarah and saw that Camille was also there. I inwardly groaned. Camille is one of those two-faced bitches who acts like your best friend to your face and will talk shit behind your back. We were all sitting on the spider dome talking. While sitting there, Camille asked me if I have had a boyfriend before. I hadn't, but everyone except Brandon had had a relationship before, so I lied and said that I did have a boyfriend before. She then started asking a lot of questions and I couldn't handle the pressure. I told her that I lied and she was stunned that I was a relationship virgin. She made me feel like shit because no one asked me out before. Camille then made me and Brandon stand next to each other. "You guys would look so cute together! You should go out!" she gushed. I blushed and stepped away. We then left and Brandon and I went home while Anthony and Sarah went to Sarah's house. As I walked home, I put my earbuds in and hit shuffle. "Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback came on and I began to listen. I still felt like shit from Camille, so I began crying while walking. That song described exactly how I felt at the time.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school. As I get in the car to leave, I check my phone and I see that Brandon texted me.

Brandon: Hey so I have two questions, one is normal and the other is kinda creeperish...

Me: Lol ok... What are your questions?

As I got out of the car, he replied back,

Brandon: who is coming to your bday party?

Me: Tiffany, Maggie, you, Anthony, Sarah, Ashley, and Michaela. What's your other question?

I walk to my locker to get my books. After I retrieve them from my locker, I set them on the floor. I then pull my phone out of my pocket to see if Brandon texted back. I had one new message...

Brandon: ok... So my next question is... Would you maybe... Would you like to be my gf?