29

By the time Sophie and Harry left the ball, the party was in full swing in the Gryffindor Tower. Sophie immediately felt overdressed, having not changed into proper "after party attire". While it wasn't just Gryffindors, the people she typically sees dressed in red and yellow were without a doubt the rowdiest; wrestling each other off of arm chairs and playing chicken in the open fireplace. 

"C'mon, Sophie, looks like my friends are over here," Harry grabbed her hand and tried to usher her through the thick crowd. She pulled on his hand slightly, trying to get him to stop.

"Hey, umm," she didn't want to kill the mood, but this was a one-of-a-kind Madam Malkin dress, made especially for her. "Is it okay if I go change really quick? I don't want to ruin my dress and it seems everyone else already has," she gestured to the other teens in their denim and casual tops.

"Oh, yeah..." Harry trailed off. There was a beat of silence before he continued. "Or! You can just change here! We'll keep your dress safe. I'll find Hermione and see if she can keep your dress safe, and you can just wear something of mine?"

Sophie thought about it before nodding eagerly. She would do anything to get out of her dress; plus, she had worn Draco and Cedric's clothes dozens of times, how different were Harry's. She followed him to the bottom of a set of stairs before he turned around.

"So, the tower is cursed to keep girls and boys out of each other's dormitories, so I'll be right back." Harry bounded up the stairs and returned a few moments later with a set of clothes. "Gimme a moment," he swiftly spoke before sweeping off into the crowd. Another moment later and he returned, Hermione at his side.

"'Mione will take you to her dorm to change, and I'll be waiting right here, Soph," Harry explained. His cheeky grin made her think he took some time to consume some liquor in his dorm before returning to her. She took that as a challenge.

"Sounds good, as long as you have a drink ready for me when I come back." She grinned and followed Hermione to the girl's dormitory. 

***

"I cannot believe he thinks I'll go out like this," Sophie exclaimed, stepping out of the bathroom in a too-big pair of grey sweatpants and a Gryffindor Quidditch practice shirt. She could roll up the sleeves, but it would do nothing for the fact that it landed mid-thigh on her baggy sweatpants, making her look like a sack of potatoes.

Hermione shrugged at the sight, having taken her dress and devoted her entire attention to maintaining its beauty, while Lavender Brown, who was sipping some of the wine her parents allowed her to smuggle into her chest, shook her head with eyes the size of dinner plates.

"Absolutely not," she exclaimed, shooting up from her lounging position on her bed. "The shirt is cute, it'll make Harry go crazy." 

"That's not really my goal, Lavender," Sophie stated. 

"And why not? I didn't think you had a boyfriend, so why not have some fun tonight." Lavender laughed and approached Sophie with two glasses of wine and a piece of clothing. Sophie laughed a bit to ease her worries, and took the extra glass. "See, I'm right. Just have fun tonight! Why not," Lavender laughed and downed her last two sips of wine. "Here, try these on."

Sophie returned to the bathroom with the glass of wine and whatever piece of clothing Lavender gave her. As she unraveled it, it was the tiniest pair of spandex shorts she had ever seen. Luckily Lavender's beautiful curves were a size or two bigger than her's, so they wouldn't be that small. She took two big swigs of the dark wine Lavender gave her and decided to give them a shot. 

Sophie walked out of the bathroom in what looked to be nothing but Harry Potter's practice jersey. 

"That is what I'm talking about," Lavender smirked and took another sip of her wine.