CHAPTER 1 : I JUST WANNA

It's 6 a.m. and I open the curtains to get a clear glimpse. My breath is cold on the glass. Cold. Heartless. Devoid of any sympathy. I can see the clear view of the forest. I'm staying fifty seven floors away from them. I can see a huge tree in the middle of the forest. Larger than the rest. Powerful than the rest. Ahead of the rest. That's who I am. A billionaire. Heartless.

I gaze at the forest. I remember an incident at school. I was a shy and introverted boy. I had no friends. I was just submerged in humus. I had a friend. No. Not a friend. A betrayer. I was bullied every time I said something. The hands that used to torture me are cut off. Broken. Defeated. I look up into the mirror. A large mirror, worth more than a million dollars. I'm still wearing black pants and a black sweater. The mirror keeps me motivated. I see myself. I see the faces of those people behind my back who used to tell me. 'You are filthy poor'. No one stood behind me. My whole life was filled with betrayal.

I take my folded phone in my hands. I switch it to the hologram feature. I swipe with my fingers in the air to flip through it. Nothing. I need to be groomed. Several tasks today. All I want to do right now is torture people. The desire to torture people may stem from a deep-seated anger and resentment towards those who have betrayed and mistreated me in the past. It's a way for me to exert control and power over those who have made me feel powerless and inferior. However, it's important to recognize that acting on these violent impulses is not a healthy or productive way to address my pain and should be replaced with healthier coping mechanisms and seeking professional help. That brings me happiness.

I again stand in front of the mirror. This time in a black suit. Black shoes. Black hair. Everything is black. I love this color. I look in the mirror once more before I leave my room. I open the door. Go outside. Close it. The hallway to the elevator is highly air-conditioned. Odors of colognes are lingering in the air. The guard to my right bowed as I passed beside him. I like it. Everything. I enter the elevator. Floor 72. That's where my office is. The elevator is empty and also unpredictable fast. The door opens with a 'Welcome'. My boots clamp against the frictionless ground. I make my way towards my office. No guards here.

I ran across a black metal door in one corner. It has a dial in its corner. I dial my code and later on input my fingerprint. The door opens. There is another passage. There are cameras everywhere. I face another closed door and follow the same procedure for it. The door opens. I enter and then close it with a thud. The servants here enter with guards. Just like yesterday. I make my way to the final door and apply my fingerprint. The door opens slowly. I enter once it is fully open and make my way to the table. The door ceases automatically.

As I sit at my desk, I glance at the list of tasks that need to be accomplished today. The office is eerily quiet, with no one around to offer support or camaraderie. It's a stark reminder of the isolation I feel in this place, but I push through, determined to tackle the day's challenges on my own.

I'm sitting at a small circular table at the banquet. Liam is sitting opposite me. He is my friend. No he is not. He's just my assistant. A more likely manager. I can fire him or kill him whenever I might. He too knows that very well. That's why he doesn't talk to me. Neither do I talk about base metals. But he is useful. He has never disobeyed any orders. Possibly because he knew that it would be his last day.

I served as an ex-undercover. I know how to control guns and rifles. Even humans. I'm fully independent. Yes, I am. I have enough protection surrounding me. Military. Most importantly my money. I made my way to the office. I have to meet Mr. Brenett today. Important plans with monetary funds. If I manage to convince him, perhaps I will be more and more powerful. I will convince him. He needs to be convinced. Or what I say - fate.

I checked the shares and stock market today. I carefully analyzed the shares and stock market to gather valuable insights and data that will support my case during the meeting with Mr. Brenett. Armed with this knowledge, I plan to present a compelling argument and strategic proposal that demonstrates the potential for significant financial gains by aligning with my vision.

23rd floor. That's where the science lab is. Trained scientists are present. Not to mention those poor people as experiments. Suddenly the fire alarm went on. No. That's not a fire alarm. There is an alarm I know for certain. Or is it something different?

I jump up and took a pistol in my hands and rushed out of the room. There are flashes of red and blue light in the hallways. I make my way to the secret corridor specially designed for me. It has a separate lift into which I can get in. I don't care if other people die but I need to be safe. Safe. The elevator landed me on the tenth floor where the alarm was sounding. I make my way up to the corridor where the troops are ready in a shooting position.

I have my pistol in my hands. On seeing me everyone bowed. Except for that guy. I understand what is happening. I am struggling not to point the gun into his face and shoot. My actions could have dire consequences, both for the person I am considering shooting and for their own future. Taking such drastic measures could lead to legal repercussions, severe damage to my reputation and relationships, and potentially even loss of freedom. It is crucial for me to consider the long-term implications before resorting to violence.

But I don't care. I'm reckless. Disobedient. He lowers his head a little lower. 'I accidentally pressed the alarm. I thought there had been an intruder' he says without any possible emotions on his face. I need to control the trigger. I need to. 'Take him to the 11th floor' I say. No one says a word. But everyone is quick to react. The guards are taking him away. I'm walking to an elevator. But something strikes. Something I know not of.

'Wait' I say. I like it. I genuinely love my actions.

I went towards him. I can feel the gun trembling in my hands. I can't control it. Not today. Not at all.

Suddenly my gun gets loose and I clamp it to his head and press the trigger.

He was shot. Dead. Shot dead. He deserved to die. I walk away leaving behind his dead corpse without any guilt.

'He deserves it' I mutter under my breath.