CHAPTER 13: ALWAYS

I have been making efforts over the last few months to implement this plan. I want to be successful with my plan, whatever it takes. I search my desk. Wait. There's something wrong. Why didn't I notice it before? Why? I have a tiara. Not for mine. But for Rhea. She likes it. I smile as I remember how her eyes light up every time she sees it. I make a mental note to surprise her with it tomorrow. As I continue to search through my desk, I find a handwritten note from Rhea that says, "Believe in yourself, and your dreams will come true." I take a deep breath and feel a renewed sense of determination to make my plan a reality. I know that with Rhea's support and encouragement, I can achieve anything.

No. Where did her tiara go? Oh god! That was her favorite. I'm afraid to confront her. Maybe I had lost it. I search in the nearby drawers. No sign. Literally, no sign. I'm afraid. Already, I had been very preoccupied with my plans. I would be executing it tomorrow. That had be great. But in the meantime, I lost one of her precious belongings. I don't know when I will stop making these stupid mistakes. This doesn't suit me at all.

As I frantically searched for Rhea's missing tiara, my mind was consumed with guilt and fear. How could I have lost something so precious to her? The timing couldn't have been worse, with my big plan looming on the horizon. I couldn't bear to face her disappointment, but I knew I had to come clean before it was too late. The mystery of the missing tiara haunted me, threatening to unravel everything I had worked so hard for. I walk back and forth in my room. Hoping to find her favorite tiara. But this isn't going to work. At least not for now.

My hands are shaking. Not because of the cold, but as I say, it is nerves. I frantically sit in my chair and take out a cigarette. I don't usually smoke. Neither am I hoping to now. I just need some peace. There's been something strange constantly happening in my empire. One of which I'm unaware of. Yet I'm staying quiet. Anand. Then there was the warehouse drama. These are all related. Yes. Related in one sense. I can make sense of it. Yes. But it's an assumption. But what if it is true? I need to go to my room once. Once. Perhaps I need to never come back here. I do not know.

With my heart throbbing, I reach for the door. Ah sh*t! Unexpected visitors. They are the ones I hate the most. Rhea. Yes. She's standing right in front of me. Her lips have a tingy smile. Her eyes are directly in my eyes. I can feel the tension between us. I try to sound as normal as I can. But I'm lost in her eyes. These eyes. These beautiful eyes. Staring at me.

Need any help? That is what she asks.

I try to act as if everything is fine. But my acting is awful. Too bad. Disgusting.

'No'.

'No?' she asks again, biting her bottom lip.

That's when I notice that her right hand is behind her back. She's hiding something. No. My assumption is wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I remind myself. But I'm held back. She pushes me inside my office until I'm again seated in my chair behind my desk. And she's sitting opposite me. She's still hiding that thing. The thing that I'm unable to comprehend.

She stands up. Her high heels make a click against the smooth floor. She is coming towards me. I'm definitely nervous. Too nervous. About what she's going to do next.

"What...?' I ask nervously.

'This?' she says, biting her bottom lip. From her hand emerges the tiara.

'Wanted this right?'. I'm a bit relieved. I reach out to take the tiara from her hand, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. It's the missing piece to the puzzle that had been tormenting me for days. As I take the tiara from her, I can't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards her for returning it. I place the tiara back in its rightful place, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. It's a small gesture, but it means everything to me.

Her head is lifted high. She's coming towards me. Coming towards me. Until her lips are close to my ears. "I knew how much this tiara meant to you," she whispers softly, her voice filled with warmth and understanding. "I couldn't bear to see you so distraught. I hope this brings you some peace." I am overwhelmed by her kindness and generosity, touched by her thoughtfulness. As she pulls away, I see a genuine smile on her face.

I hug her back. Yes. I'm so relieved of the responsibility. She takes her body from mine. She bends towards me. Her lips are close to mine. Her nose is close to mine. Her soft breath. Her impulses. I'm just dumbstruck. I want to be in this moment forever. Literally forever. As her lips brush against mine, I feel a rush of emotions I can't quite comprehend. My heart races as I realize the depth of my feelings for her. In that moment, I know that I never want to let her go. Her presence brings me a sense of peace and belonging that I have never experienced before. And as she pulls away, I can't help but hope that this is just the beginning of something beautiful between us.

I pull my mouth back and lean in for another. But I stop. I do not know why. I just stopped. But she did not. She holds my face and pulls it into her until I'm surrounded by nothing but fear. Fear of losing her. I'm afraid.

'Meet me at night today,' she says and walks away.