The Start Of Astro Nomads Part 22

The crew had already reached Earth, but Noahkah stayed behind to free them from the sim. Stewart faded away like a ghost, but Noahkah could tell that his job was not done. They were free of Mars, yes, but with the terra-morphing in auto drive.

On the final day, the 40th day, the water was moving like the liquid of the old empire's blood flowing over the ruined surface of Mars. The remnants of the old world, destroyed by the Galactic Lightning Bolt of Azeuse himself before the old gods vanished, the day Planet X's crew ejected Jupiter from its orbit before going rogue. Eventually, it settled in the Sol.

Noahkah had been floating for 40 days now. In the middle of the darkness, he sensed a greater power emerging on Earth while leaving behind those trapped on Mars. The scope he had for scanning only showed him so much detail. From the looks of it, the ship left behind a wake of flora that was now visible from above.

A backdrop of red and green, some blue, it reminded him of the simulation. But then an alarm flashed in his cockpit, and a voice echoed over his comm.

"Seed pods malfunction," he heard a hissing sound before the auto-repair nanotech drones covered the case. Within 10 seconds, the alarm died off. But the geo-sync was actively syncing with Earth's orbit. He wondered what happened to his friends.

Even with the ship in disrepair, the feeling that there was no way to get back to Mars once on this new world gnawed at him. Instead of pulling into the atmosphere, he coded the ship to stay in orbit. He asked the onboard computer,

"Is there a way to get down there without taking her in?" The slow reply made it easy to understand, but the ship still didn't tell him how. As soon as it stopped talking, the bridge unlocked, and he felt the pod he was in drop out of the captain's Gaper class ship. The thing was advanced enough to listen to him, but as he saw himself fall out of the ship, his heart skipped a beat, realizing that it was a ship inside a ship. He settled back into the chair. As the heat on his bow porthole increased, he didn't quite know what was happening.

When he worked it out, the ship's detachable cockpit was already drifting toward the horizon. Nothing made sense here. Suddenly, he was under fire from some plasma explosion. But it was too late. The defences of Earth Prime had already struck his engine. The freefall felt worse than re-entry. Noahkah was going to die.

The pit feeling ate away at him with each descent. The land was more versatile and ancient than Mars. Somehow, he saw through the fire and smoke to see the nanotech get to work as the ship fell further and further. One kilometre passed every few minutes, and then the ship corrected its trajectory.

The pod was adaptive. He didn't think the architects who built this had planned for the defences of Earth. As the ship skidded along the stone, hitting a tree, the ship tipped into a roll that settled next to a stream, and he fell unconscious.

Little was known of this place according to the Astro Nomad Memory, that Shell told Noahkah before the left that the planet they call new Mars , The stories told in the wake of The Olympians Disappearance 20,000 years prior to X, ejection from the empire. His dream was starting to warp, but at first, he saw an ancient war, endless and before the beginning of the universe, the primordial creation of what we see now,

He witnessed Azeuse in his commanding  General of the Chronus Empire, before Noahkah could ask him, Azeuse leaped into the air, his movements like a bolt of lightning,  he struck chronoton Ruler known as, The force of Darkenss, And ABYSSAL The hells of before Earth prime.

Watching, from a distance, Noahkah saw a group,  face of against the primordial gods/Shemtoh of before the Big bang. A light in the distance of the endless flat plain. He felt a warp and wabble of energy spike, that felt like an explosion, but he woke up, coming to in the camp of strangers. Or creatures he can not tell.

But what woke him was pain. You are from above. Did He send you?"

The voice was raspy, but Noahkah couldn't tell what they looked like with their faces covered and garments made from furs. He wondered if they were his friends.