CHAPTER10

Songs:

Crywolf - Stomach It ft. EDEN (For all 3, but mainly Stan's P.O.V on the other two) 

Depeche Mode: Enjoy The Silence (Denmark + Winter- Re:Imagined)

Avila "Dream On"

For All Time - KaRe

-----

It had been around an hour now, since Kenny had called Stan in his spiraled state. He had managed to calm down since then, now lying in bed and staring blankly at the ceiling. Try as he might not to think of what he'd done, dread crept its way around the edges of his mind, making it difficult. The room still spun, but nowhere near as bad as it had been. He shuts his eyes and turns to the side, needing to rest. He'd have time to think of what to do about it later.

However, he only manages to rest for a few minutes, before there's a knock on his door. He doesn't reply. Figuring that it's one of his family members, he stays silent to tell whoever it may be that he's asleep.

It doesn't work.

A couple seconds later the door opens, but he remains still, pretending to sleep.

"Kenny...?"

His eyes immediately open. It wasn't a family member. It was someone else.

Heart racing, he slowly turns over to find a very familiar figure now standing in the doorway.

"...Stan?" Kenny asks, confused, "What are you... what are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" Stan repeats, shutting the door behind himself, "Why do you think I'm here? Jesus man, after that call you made earlier, how could I not be here? I was worried that you were going to do something dangerous to yourself," he explains, taking a seat on the side of the bed. There's a moment's pause as he looks him over, "I'm glad to see that you're okay though," he gestures with his thumb over his shoulder, "your mom let me in by the way."

"...You should go," Kenny quietly says, looking away.

Stan frowns.

"Why?" he asks, but Kenny doesn't reply, "Kenny... why can't you just tell me what's going on with you? You said on the phone earlier, that you, 'didn't want this'? What didn't you want exactly?"

Kenny shakes his head.

"You should really go."

"I'm not leaving until I get an answer. You haven't been acting like yourself for a while now and I'm really worried about you. Just tell me what's going on with you, please," Stan says, his tone gentle. But Kenny remains silent. Stan glances off for a second, in thought, before glancing back, "Does... does it have anything to do with Craig?" At that Kenny can't help but visibly tense, "So it does, but why—"

"Stan, you need to leave. Now," Kenny tells him, sitting up.

"Why do you want me to leave so badly?"

"Because you need to."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

" Because it's not safe! " Kenny snaps.

Stan is surprised at first, but his expression settles back to what it was.

"What do you mean it's not safe? Is Craig going to do something to you if I'm around?" Stan asks and Kenny glances off again. Stan's brows furrow, "Kenny... is he going to do something to you if I'm here?"