10. Good Girl!

Aurora's POV

That night I slept like my soul had left my body, it was almost like I was unconscious due to drowning.

But that nightmare didn't leave me alone, I was a seven year old child when I was playing around the pool with my puppy. He ran towards the pool, I quickly grabbed him so he wouldn't drown himself, his one leg was injured and dad had rescued him from the streets. I bonded with him quickly.
I was about to get up when someone kicked me from behind and I fell into the pool along with the puppy.
Same darkness, burning of lungs, feeling of body getting numb and not getting anything to hold on, fear of death, everything was the same. Someone pulled me out, it was Dad.
He rescued me.
"How the hell did you end up in the pool"
He yelled at me, but it didn't matter because I was numb. I was shocked. When I recovered, Dad told me that the puppy died after drowning. I still regret that day and my fear of water got stronger. I don't remember who kicked me but all I heard was muffled laughter, it was evil.

My eyes snapped open with the gasp when I started hearing that laughter again in the dream. My face was sweaty and I was panting in sleep. I wiped my face and looked around.

Rafael was sitting on the chair beside me, all neat in his branded suit and boss look. It wasn't the same clothes he wore last night, it means someone delivered those in the morning. I quickly sat up while holding the bedsheet closer to my chest.

"Is last night a nightmare?"
He asked with the smirk and handed me a glass of water.

I took it with a trembling hand and gulped it down. My throat was dry like a desert.
"Yes"
I replied in words after last night's warning.

"If you won't be a good girl then you will get many like last night's."
His smirk deepened and my fear.

"Was I not clear when last night I told you that your body is mine..."
He asked and I couldn't understand where he was going with that.
"Don't you dare hide yourself from me again"
He grabbed the bed sheet exactly where I was holding and pulled it out of my hands.
"There won't be a warning next time"
He kissed my forehead, it was tender. The complete opposite of his words.
I realised that he is bipolar.

"I need to leave for work..."
He caressed my lips with his thumb. It was a warm touch.
I was just staring at him like a night owl.
"Will you be a good girl while I am gone?"

I wasn't going to spare him but that time I had to play smart and make him trust me. There was a horror in my heart thinking, what if he locks me inside the house. What if he murders me or kidnaps me, what if he is a serial killer. There were so many things which he could have done.
Also, he had very romantically promised that he is going to rape me.

"Yes"
I answered when he took the glass from my hands.

"And if you don't act like one, then?"
He asked mischievously like he knew that I will try something which he won't like.

"Then?"
I asked with a worried face.

He shrugged.
"Some things will happen which you might not like but you won't let that happen, right?"
He smirked.
"You just promised"

"Yes"
I nodded.

He chuckled, grabbed my chin and pecked my lips.
"I love your innocent replies... Even if it irks me..."
He looked at me with an admiring smile.
"Don't worry, I'll destroy this innocence like it wasn't present in you."
He let go of my chin and got up while fixing his coat.

"Why?"
I asked and he turned around to look at me. He frowned confused.
"Why do you want to destroy my innocence?"
I completed my question.

His frown turned into coldness.
"Because if it's not destroyed then it will destroy you"
He patted my head and walked out.

I jumped out of the bed when I heard his expensive car roaring on the road, I quickly wore clothes while ignoring my sour throat and heavy legs, my head was throbbing but it was extremely urgent to get help.

I called the cab and went straight to the police station. I thought if I inform the police then I would be safe. They will protect me. They must be dealing with hundred Rafael's on a daily basis.
I wanted to show him that he can't get away after trying to kill me. I am not that weak, that he will threaten and I won't do anything.

The police station was calm, officers were doing their work silently.

"Excuse me!"
My voice trembled as I called one of the officers.
He looked up at me from his computer, he looked off my age.
"I want to file a complaint"

"Are you okay, Miss?"
He got up after looking at my trembling body.
"Take a seat... Noah! Bring the extra jacket we have"
He ordered someone. I looked at him when he gave me a jacket but I wasn't shivering because of the cold, I was scared.

"I don't need a jacket, Please listen to me"
I pleaded.

"Please calm down, and tell us what happened."
The lady officer came to me and assured me.

"There is a man who tried to drown me last night."
I sobbed.

"Okay, relax... Do you need something to drink?... Water?"
She handed me water and sat beside me.

"Do you know him? Tell us in detail"
He asked looking concerned.

"That night when it was storming, there was an injured man in front of my house. I helped him and he came back after two days. I asked him to leave but he acted weird and started calling me his property. When I protested, he tried to scare me by drowning in the pool... He was a psycho..."
I couldn't help but cry while telling them.

"Did he touch you inappropriately?"
He asked.

"He kissed me but didn't rape... He said, he will do that later and it won't be rape. It will be a pleasure."
I replied and he frowned.

"He came to you but didn't try to force you?"
He asked again. I know his question is valid because most men rape at the first chance they get but Rafael had different ways.

"Yes"
I nodded.

"You can't swim?"
He asked again.

"I don't, I have a phobia of water"
I answered while drinking the water.

"And still your pool was filled with water?"
He raised eyebrows.

"It was rain water which I forgot to drain"
I wanted him to believe me.

"Ken, I don't think she is framing someone"
The lady officer said.
"It looks like a concern."

"Tell me about the man"
He looked at me.

"He looked rich with clothes and a car. He had grey eyes, tall and dark hair. I don't know the exact age but he must be a few years older than me. Maybe twenty nine or thirty."
I explained and he asked for my age.
"I am twenty six. His name is Rafael"

His eyes snapped towards me when I said that name.
"Surname?"

I shook my head.
"I don't know his surname"

"Fine! Do you have a surveillance camera in front of your house?"
He asked.

"Yes"
I tried to get the access on my phone but then I realised that the camera was broken. Maybe because of the storm or someone hampered with it.
"It's not working. But I swear, he is trying to hurt me... You need to help me or else he will kill me."

"We trust you but we can't arrest him until we have proof."
He assured.
"I'll assign two officers in front of your house for your safety and they will fix the camera also...if he comes back then we will arrest him.. don't worry."

They finally registered my complaint and sent me back home with two officers.

I decided to stay at home that day, I wasn't feeling well to go to work. The day wasn't pleasing either, the fear of him coming back was getting strong as the sun was going down. I had never felt so anxious.

I had a hope that I'll get rid of Rafael but I was wrong.

I thought I was safe but he was trying me. He knew that I'd call the police and he was ready to punish me for that, and he made it clear when he came back and shook my whole world.