11. Who is he?

Aurora's POV

I was reading a book after having dinner. Occasionally checking that officers are still out. It was almost past ten and I was wondering if he was going to come that night.
What if he came but saw police at the door and went back?

A part of me wanted him to come and get caught by police and a part of me wanted him to disappear and never come back like he never existed.

I looked at the book again and realised that I was just looking at the page and was thinking about something else. I wasn't reading at all. My mind wasn't working properly, I was scared.

My fear came to reality when I heard noise outside.
He was out there! I clutched the book tightly as my stomach churned.
I thought I won't be scared as the police were out but I was wrong, he scared me even with that hope.

I placed the book down and got out of the bed, my hands trembled as I twisted the lock and opened my bedroom door.

My soul almost knocked out of my body when I saw Rafael in the living room. He had his hands in his pockets and was standing like a boss.
I gasped when I saw those men grunting in pain on the ground.

He was looking at men and slowly looked up, straight into my soul. He didn't look like he had a fight with two police officers.
He was standing untouched.

My head started spinning for a second when he raised his eyebrows at me.
"You promised you will be a good girl!"
He sighed.
"Why do you want to make it difficult for you, Angel?"
He shook his head disappointed.

I looked at him with teary eyes.
"Please!"

"Not a word!"
He warned and I flinched.
"You broke my trust..."

The fuck I cared about his trust but I had nothing to say, I couldn't trust him with my safety as he had tackled two police officers.

I looked at the door while thinking about running away and he tsked at me.
"Try it!"
He challenged.
"Show me how stupid you can be"
He stepped aside from my way.

I was really stupid to think that I could escape, I was naive, I underestimated him and paid for it because I did what he challenged me for.
I started running towards the door and he jerked me back while grabbing on my hair.

It was sudden and painful, my back landed directly on his front.
I sobbed in pain when he grabbed my jaw with the other hand.
"I wanted to go easy on you but you have different plans it seems..."
He released the grip on my hair and made me look at those men.

"You really think these low life people can stop me from getting what belongs to me?"
He gritted.
"There is no one who can protect you from me, not even me!"

I sobbed as his grip got painful.
"Please, it's hurting"

"You made a mistake now you will solve it."
I couldn't understand when he said that but my eyes widened when he pulled out something from his waistband and I realised that it's a gun.

I froze. I had no idea why he had a gun and why he pulled it out now.

The first thought was, he was going to shoot me but then he unlocked the gun and forced me to hold it.
My hands trembled with the weight of the metal.

"Have you ever killed a human, Angel?"
He smirked and I shook my head furiously when I realised what he was going to do to me.
"No!"
I hadn't even hurt an ant.

"Today we will teach you a lesson, that you can't get away with the mistakes..."
He patted my head and grabbed my hands which were holding a gun.

"No!"
I tried to move but his hold was tight on me, his chin rested on my shoulder as he tightened his grip.