4.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

The sun was setting, casting long shadows across the sprawling estate of the Rajvanshi family. Advika Rajvanshi, a successful businesswoman in her own right, walked briskly into the drawing room where her father, Rudransh, sat behind a large oak desk. Their relationship had always been strained, and today's conversation promised to test its limits even further.

Rudransh Rajvanshi looked up from his paperwork, his eyes narrowing as he saw Advika. "Sit down, Advika," he commanded, his voice devoid of warmth.

Advika remained standing, her arms crossed. "What do you want, Mr. Rajvanshi?"

Rudransh leaned back in his chair, his fingers steepled. "I have a proposition for you. I want you to marry Mr. Rathore's son, Vidyut. His business connections could be very beneficial for our company."

Advika's eyes flashed with anger. "I won't marry someone just to further your business interests."

Rudransh's expression darkened. "You will do as I say, Advika. This marriage is important for our future."

"Our future?" Advika scoffed. "Or your profit margins?"

Rudransh's voice dropped to a dangerous low. "You will marry Vidyut, or there will be consequences."

Advika stood her ground. "What consequences? You can't force me into a marriage I don't want."

A sinister smile spread across Rudransh's face. "You have a younger brother, don't you? Aditya. He wants to pursue a career in science, doesn't he?"

Advika's heart sank. She knew where this was going. "What about Aditya?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Rudransh's smile widened. "What if I refuse to fund his education? What if I tell him he can't follow his dreams?"

Advika's eyes filled with tears. "You wouldn't. Aditya's future means everything to him."

Rudransh leaned forward, his gaze cold and unyielding. "You know I would. I can manipulate him into giving up his dreams. Do you want that on your conscience?"

Advika clenched her fists, fury bubbling inside her. "I can pay for his education myself. You know I have the means."

Rudransh shook his head, chuckling darkly. "It's not about the money, Advika. It's about control. What if I convince him that science is not the right path for him? What if I make him believe he should join the family business instead?"

Advika's tears began to fall freely. "You can't do this. Aditya deserves to follow his own path."

Rudransh's eyes gleamed with malicious satisfaction. "I can and I will if you don't comply with my wishes."

Advika's resolve wavered, but she refused to back down. "You're a monster."

Rudransh shrugged, unaffected by her words. "You think you have power, Advika, but remember, the world outside doesn't know who the real number one businesswoman is. What if I expose you? What if I ruin your reputation?"

Advika's anger reached a boiling point. "You wouldn't dare."

Rudransh stood up, towering over her. "Try me."

The room was filled with a tense silence as Advika struggled to regain her composure. She knew her father was capable of anything to get what he wanted.

Finally, with a heavy heart, she spoke. "Fine. I'll meet him. But this isn't over, Mr. Rajvanshi. You'll regret this."

Rudransh smirked, satisfied with his victory. "Good. Now go get ready. You're meeting him tomorrow evening. And yes, behave like a daughter of the Rajvanshi family, not like a businesswoman. They believe you to be innocent and fragile; act like it. I don't want them to know that the Rajvanshi's daughter has her own company because of my reputation!"