6.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

The house was bustling with activity when a sudden, sharp scream cut through the air. Advika tumbled down the stairs, landing in a heap at the bottom. The commotion drew everyone’s attention, and Vidyut’s heart stopped at the sight of her crumpled form.

“Advika!” Vidyut screamed, rushing to her side. “Someone get a bandage! Now!”

He carefully lifted her onto his lap, his hands trembling as he checked for injuries. Blood trickled from a cut on her forehead, and she winced in pain.

Vidyut's family gathered around, their expressions a mix of concern and anger. “Who did this?” Vidyut demanded, his voice laced with fury. He carried Advika to his room, laying her gently on the bed before turning to the family. “Find out who was responsible for this. Now.”

A tense silence filled the room until Mishva, looking pale, stepped forward. “Bhaiya... it was Riya. My friend.”

Vidyut’s eyes darkened with rage. “Riya? Bring her here. Now.”

Mishva nodded and hurried off. A few minutes later, she returned with Riya, who looked defiant despite the situation.

“Why did you do it?” Vidyut’s voice was cold, his eyes burning with anger.

Riya sneered. “Because she’s a gold-digging bitch! She doesn’t deserve you or this family.”

Advika, who had been silently observing, smirked subtly, but no one noticed.

Vidyut’s anger flared. “How dare you! You have no right to speak about her like that.”

Riya crossed her arms. “Oh, I dare. She’s only here for your money, Vidyut. Can’t you see it?”

“Enough!” Vidyut shouted. “You don’t know anything about her.”

Riya’s eyes welled up with tears as she continued, “I’ve loved you since we were kids, Vidyut. I wanted to marry you. But then she came along and ruined everything.”

Vidyut’s face hardened. “So, you decided to push her down the stairs? Do you realize how dangerous that was?”

“She had it coming,” Riya said stubbornly. “I was trying to protect you.”

“Get out,” Vidyut said, his voice low and dangerous. “Get out of this house and never come back, consequences won't be so good 𝙍𝙞𝙮𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙪𝙙𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙮"

Riya’s defiance crumbled, and she burst into tears, running out of the room. Vidyut turned his attention back to Advika, his anger slowly giving way to concern. Everyone else also left to give them privacy.

He knelt beside her, examining her injuries with gentle hands. “Are you okay?” he asked softly.

Advika nodded, wincing slightly. “I’ll be fine. Just a bit bruised.”

“Please, take care of yourself,” Vidyut said, his voice filled with sincerity. “I can’t bear to see you hurt.”

Advika’s eyes softened for a moment. “It's okay, I will be careful,” she promised.

Vidyut sighed, his earlier rage still simmering beneath the surface. “I won’t let anyone harm you again. I promise.”

Advika nodded, appreciating his concern, even though a part of her remained guarded. “You don't have to do this for me, Vidyut. It's okay. Don’t care too much for me. I am capable of taking care of myself.”

Vidyut, frustrated, punched the wall. "Why the hell do you always do this, Advika? Why!?" he asked, jerking her hand. "What’s wrong with showing that I care for you? Yes, I care for you and I always will, but then you come up with your own mindsets."