5.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

The sound of conch shells and mantras filled the air as the priest chanted the final verses. "Vivah sampan hua," Panditji declared, marking the conclusion of the sacred wedding ceremony. Vidyut and Advika, now husband and wife, received blessings from their elders as the rituals came to an end.

As Vidyut approached his room, he found the door blocked by his playful sister, Mishva. "Not so fast, bhaiya! You know the drill. If you want to enter, you need to pay up!" she teased, holding out her hand expectantly.

Vidyut chuckled and pulled out his wallet, handing over a bundle of notes. "Here you go, Mishva. Now, can I go in?"

Mishva grinned, pocketing the money. "Okay, okay, you're allowed. But remember, no freebies next time!"

Vidyut shook his head, laughing as he entered the room. Inside, he found Advika sitting on the bed, her expression serious.

"Advika, is everything okay?" Vidyut asked, concerned.

Advika took a deep breath and handed him a document. "Vidyut, I need you to sign this."

He glanced at the paper, confusion evident on his face. "What is this, Advika?"

"It's a contract," she said coldly. "This marriage... it's not real. It's a contract marriage, and it will end in six months."

Vidyut stared at her, bewildered. "I don't understand. You told me to say no to this marriage, but then you came up with this? What are you up to?"

Advika's eyes hardened. "I told you, Vidyut. I didn't want this marriage, but you and my family forced me into it."

Vidyut felt a surge of anger. "So, you don't care about anyone's feelings? Not even mine?"

Advika looked away, her voice icy. "Appearing innocent doesn't mean I want to get hurt. Emotions are a weakness."

"What about love?" Vidyut demanded, his eyes burning with intensity.

"𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦? Define it perfectly, and I might entertain the notion," Advika retorted, her laugh sharp and unsettling. "𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 is a beautiful betrayal, sweet in appearance but poisonous in experience. It starts with two and ends with countless broken pieces. In the end, it delivers nothing but hurt and undeniable pain."

"So, you don't believe in love. How will you survive in this world, in this relationship, without it?" Vidyut challenged, his tone unwavering.

"Relationships are built on respect and trust, not just love. I will never believe in love. Sign this contract and let's end this charade," she declared, her eyes steely.

"Jaan dena aur jaan lena, both are expressions of love. And I will teach you this, Mrs. Advika Vidyut Singh Rathore," Vidyut proclaimed, signing the contract with a determined flourish. "Let the game begin- 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚. It's an eternal game."

("Giving life and taking life, both are expressions of love. And I will teach you this, Mrs. Advika Vidyut Singh Rathore.")

Advika thought, "There is no such thing as love in this world. Even if people sacrifice their lives, the ones who love them live on. That's why I choose life over love."

Vidyut turned and stormed out of the room, leaving Advika alone with her thoughts.

As he walked away, Vidyut couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal. He had hoped for a real connection, but now he felt like a pawn in someone else's game. The weight of Advika's words pressed heavily on his heart, and he wondered if he would ever be able to break through her cold exterior.