Chapter 8 (East Blue Saga)

Ki crossed her arms behind her head while she leaned against the guard rail and took in a deep breath of the salty air. Her legs were outstretched in front of her, crossed at the ankles and bare from her boots. She also pulled off her long socks so she didn't get an odd tan line. Sanji had cooed and called the whole time when she took the items off. "I will throw my boot at you, cook. Don't test me!" The boat had been peaceful since that interaction, she almost fell asleep if not for-

Luffy shifted his hat back to the top of his head and stretched, "Ah!! This weather's perfect!" He slid down from the bowsprit and ran to the opposite end of the ship, looking out onto the ocean, "So, which way is the Grand Line? Is it that way?" He ran back to the front of the ship, "Or maybe, this way?" He bounced around the perimeter of the vessel, continuing his impatient giggling.

Sanji sighed, "You need to sit, geez. You're annoying."

Ki cracked open an eye and sighed as she leaned forward, "And there goes my nap time. Luffy, we're gonna be on the water for a while. You can chill."

Luffy chuckled, looking at Sanji in a bent over stance, "Oh, Sorry! I'm just excited that we finally got a cook on board. Now we just need Nami! Then nothing will stand between us and the Grand Line!"

Sanji perked up at the mention of the copper haired woman's name, "Ah, Nami. I could just sit around all day thinking about how beautiful she is. I can't wait till I get to see her again. My heart will overflow to have both my girls together in one place." Ki just rolled her eyes at the cook and continued her sunbathing.

Luffy sat down at the bow of the ship and addressed Yosaku, "So, are we getting close to where Nami is? Ya know, the island?"

The slap of Yosaku's palm hitting his knee startled Ki and she raised an eyebrow at the visibly shaken man. Yosaku barked as he pointed at Luffy, "You're way too naive and way too young! Don't you get that every second that passes brings us closer to the infamous Arlong?! Nami couldn't stop looking at Alrong's bounty poster when she saw it but this wasn't a normal kinda stare. There was something different about the way she was staring. Something focused."

Ki nodded, "I noticed it too. She went from looking like she saw a ghost to looking like she could commit murder in a split second."

Yosaku gripped his knees, "I'm telling you, Nami's planning on taking down Arlong and then collecting the 20 million berry bounty, for all we know. While we just sit here, she's already making her way through his compound."

Luffy yawned loudly and stretched his arms high above his head, completely unbothered by the man's suggestion. "Ahhhh, that's nice. Let's eat!"

Sanji grinned at the rubber boy, "Sounds good."

Yosaku screamed, "Don't tell me you guys are so clueless that you have actually never heard of the infamous Arlong?!"

Sanji furrowed his brow, "Uh, no? So who is he?"

Ki chuckled and leaned forward, hugging her knees with her arms. "I have heard of Fishman before but I don't know much about Arlong, other than he is a pretty nasty pirate."

Yosaku stared at her for a moment but snapped to and blew his whistle, "Listen up boys! ...And Ki! Time for your education on the cunning shark that is, Arlong! ..Arlong is a Fishman who used to destroy everything in his path, up and down the Grand Line."

Sanji raised an eyebrow, "Fishman?"

Luffy, "That's cool, I don't think I've ever met one of those before."

Sanji had a love struck grin on his face as he swooned, "I've heard that the females from Fishman Island are some of the most beautiful creatures in the world, to behold."