20.1

Shehnaaz POV

I waited for my husband to arrive; it was 11:30 PM and he still wasn't home. I was scared, hoping he was fine. He never considered me his wife; to him, I was always unwanted.

There's nothing between us. I live in hope that one day he will see my love, accept me as his wife, and give me respect. I fell in love at first sight when he came with his parents to our home. I still remember how handsome he looked, like an actor.

If he didn't want me, why did he marry me? He could have rejected me, right? But no, he married me and made me regret my decision to marry him and love him.

I just can't hate him. What should I do so he can give our marriage a chance? It's not like he abuses me physically, but the way he ignores my presence hurts me deeply ,it's torture.

Six months,it's not a joke, right? For six months, I've been trying hard to win his heart, but our relationship hasn't progressed. Is there someone else in his life? If yes, he should have told me, right? I would willingly leave if he loves someone else. I don't want to force him, but he could at least talk to me, right?

I'm losing all hope. Who should I share my problems with? My parents? No, they would stress over this, and I don't want them to worry because of me.

Lost in my thoughts, I heard Sidharth, my husband, calling my name.

"Why haven't you slept yet? It's late," he said, sitting on the sofa and taking off his shoes.

"I was waiting for you," I replied.

"I didn't tell you to wait for me. How many times do I have to remind you, Shehnaaz?" he said a little louder before heading to the bathroom.

Why? Why can't he just talk sweetly to me? Am I that bad?

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I composed myself and went to the kitchen to reheat the food.

Sidharth came and sat at the dining table. I served him his favorite, simple dal, chawal, sabji, and roti. You might wonder how I know his favorite dishes, it's because of my mother-in-law. She's so sweet and down to earth, unlike her son, Sidharth.

Sidharth ate silently, and so did I. After dinner, he announced something that shocked me. He never liked going out with me because, as he often reminded me, I don't match his standards, he's a billionaire, and I'm just the daughter of a millionaire.

This is what he said to me when I asked him to go shopping with me.

"Pack your and my clothes for one week. We're going to Manali with Vivaan, Kabir, and their wives," he announced, leaving without waiting for my response.

After dinner, I packed our clothes while Sidharth sat on the balcony with his laptop.

Later, as I did my nighttime routine, I saw Sidharth return to the room, completely ignoring me as he settled on his side of the bed and slept.

"Sidharth, why are you doing this? Please share your problems with me," I wanted to say desperately, but I held back.

I lay on my side of the bed and slept, hoping that one day Sidharth would accept me as his wife.

***

᚛ 𝗦𝗶𝗱𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮 ᚜

He is a 34-year-old billionaire businessman who runs numerous colleges, schools, hospitals, and NGOs under his mother's name. He married Shehnaaz only for his mom's sake, never wanting to marry after being heartbroken by his first love, Samaira Khanna. After that betrayal, he lost all hope in love and became an arrogant man who only shows his emotions to his mother.

᚛ 𝗦𝗵𝗲𝗵𝗻𝗮𝗮𝘇 𝗦𝗶𝗱𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮 ᚜

She is a 21-year-old housewife who radiates positivity and  who used to talks non-stop. But now she had become silent person after marriage. She hopes that one day her husband will love her.

***

Do vote and comment.