20.8

The days turned into weeks as Sidharth and Shehnaaz navigated the challenges of caring for Sidharth's father at home. Every morning began with Shehnaaz preparing nutritious meals for "papa ji" and ensuring he took his medications on time. She had taken it upon herself to oversee his recovery, treating him with the same tenderness and care she showed her own father.

Sidharth, despite his demanding role as CEO, made it a point to be present for his father's physiotherapy sessions and doctor's appointments. His father's health became his top priority, setting aside business matters whenever necessary. His mom appreciated his dedication, often expressing her gratitude to both Sidharth and Shehnaaz.

One evening, as Sidharth returned from a particularly exhausting day at work, he found Shehnaaz sitting by his father's bedside, gently massaging his feet. The sight warmed his heart, seeing his wife caring for his father with such affection.

"Mom, Dad ko kaisa feel ho raha hai ab?" Sidharth asked, concerned about his father's comfort.

"Thoda dard hai unhe, par Shehnaaz itna pyaar se dekh bhal kar rahi hai na. Bahut sukoon milta hai mujhe," Sidharth's mom replied with a soft smile.

Shehnaaz looked up at Sidharth, her eyes reflecting both exhaustion and unwavering dedication. "Sidharth, inhe dard to hoga hi, par main unko as comfortable as possible banane ki koshish kar rahi hun," she said, her voice filled with determination.

Sidharth felt a surge of pride and love for Shehnaaz. Despite the challenges, their bond had grown stronger through adversity. He walked over to Shehnaaz and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Sana. Tumne hamare ghar ko sach mein ek family banaya hai," he said sincerely.

Shehnaaz's eyes welled up with tears of gratitude. "Sidharth, tumhare papa aur mummy ji ne mujhe apnaya hai bilkul apni beti ki tarah. Main unki seva karke bahut khush hun," she replied, her voice choked with emotion.

Sidharth leaned down and kissed her forehead lovingly. "Tumse shaadi karke mujhe sabse badi khushi mili hai, Sana," he whispered softly.

Over the next few weeks, as Sidharth's father gradually regained his strength, the atmosphere at home became infused with a sense of warmth and togetherness. Evenings were spent in the garden, with Sidharth's parents sharing stories of their youth, and Shehnaaz contributing her own tales with equal enthusiasm.

One weekend, Sidharth decided to take his family on a short trip to their farmhouse in the countryside. It was a chance for everyone to unwind and enjoy each other's company away from the pressures of daily life.

As they sat around a bonfire that evening, Shehnaaz looked around at her newfound family. "Mummy ji, papa ji, aap logon ko yaha aake kaisa lag raha hai?" she asked, genuinely interested in their experience.

Sidharth's dad smiled warmly. "Shehnaaz beta, tumhare Sidharth ne humein itni khushiyan di hai. Yaha aake hamare dil ko bada sukoon mil raha hai," he replied gratefully.

"Mummy ji, papa ji, aapko kuch chahiye ho toh batana. Main aur Sidharth sab kuchh arrange kar denge," Shehnaaz offered, always eager to ensure their comfort.

Sidharth's mom reached out and held Shehnaaz's hand affectionately. "Beta, tum bahut achhi ho. Hamari zindagi mein tumhari jagah khaas hai," she said warmly.

Sidharth watched the exchange with a heart full of love and contentment. In Shehnaaz, he had found not just a life partner but a soulmate who embraced his family with unconditional love.

Later that night, as they retired to their rooms, Sidharth held Shehnaaz close and whispered, "Thank you for being the anchor of our family, Sana. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to share my life with."

Shehnaaz smiled and kissed him gently. "Sidharth, tumhare saath apni poori zindagi bitane ka sapna sach ho gaya hai," she replied, her eyes sparkling with love.

As they drifted off to sleep, hand in hand, Sidharth felt a deep sense of gratitude for the blessings in his life—the love of his family and the unwavering presence of Shehnaaz by his side.

***

Do vote and comment.