-04- Doosri Zindagi Mein Milenge

Title: Doosri Zindagi Mein Milenge

It was a balmy evening in Mumbai. The sun was setting, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink. Sidharth and Shehnaaz were sitting by the Marine Drive, their favorite spot in the city. The cool breeze from the Arabian Sea rustled through their hair as they sat in comfortable silence, watching the waves crash against the rocks.

Sidharth: Yaar, Shehnaaz, tujhe pata hai na, yeh jagah kitni special hai mere liye? Har baar jab bhi main udasi mehsoos karta hoon, yahin aata hoon.

Shehnaaz: Haan Sid, mujhe pata hai. Yeh jagah humari bhi toh kitni yaadein samete hue hai. Sab kuch yaad hai mujhe.

They both smiled, lost in their memories. The first time they met here, the countless nights spent talking till dawn, and the moments of laughter and tears shared in each other's arms.

Shehnaaz: Sid, tu kabhi kabhi sochta hai, humare beech jo kuch bhi hai, woh kitna genuine aur pyaara hai?

Sidharth: Haan Shehnaaz, humare beech jo rishta hai, woh bahut hi khaas hai. Lekin, zindagi mein kabhi kabhi kuch faisle lene padte hain jo humare control mein nahi hote.

Shehnaaz looked at him, a sense of foreboding creeping into her heart. She could sense something was wrong. Sidharth's eyes had a distant look, and his voice carried a weight that was hard to miss.

Shehnaaz: Sid, tu kuch kehna chahta hai? Tere chehre pe kuch alag sa hai aaj.

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, tujhe pata hai, meri job ka transfer letter aaya hai. Mujhe Delhi shift hona padega.

Shehnaaz's heart sank. She tried to hide her disappointment, but her eyes betrayed her.

Shehnaaz: Par Sid, hum toh yahaan Mumbai mein... humara ghar, humare sapne... sab yahin hain.

Sidharth: Mujhe bhi yeh sab chhod kar jaana itna aasaan nahi hai. Lekin career aur family commitments... mujhe jaana hi padega.

Tears welled up in Shehnaaz's eyes. She had always known that Sidharth was ambitious and dedicated to his career, but the reality of him leaving was too painful to bear.

Shehnaaz: Sid, tu bina mere kaise rahega? Aur main tere bina kaise rahungi?

Sidharth: Shehnaaz, humare pyaar ki yeh pareeksha hai. Agar hum sach mein ek doosre se pyaar karte hain, toh yeh doori bhi humara pyaar nahi tod paayegi.

Shehnaaz hugged Sidharth tightly, as if trying to hold on to every moment they had left together.

Shehnaaz: Sid, promise kar tu wapas aayega. Main tere bina jee nahi paungi.

Sidharth: Promise Shehnaaz. Main wapas aunga. Lekin abhi ke liye, mujhe jaana hoga.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. Sidharth moved to Delhi, and their lives slowly began to drift apart. They tried to keep in touch, but the distance was too much to handle. The calls became less frequent, and the texts fewer.

One evening, as Shehnaaz was sitting alone at Marine Drive, her phone rang. It was Sidharth's number.

Shehnaaz: Hello, Sid?

But it wasn't Sidharth on the other end. It was his colleague.

Colleague: Shehnaaz, mujhe yeh batate hue bahut dukh ho raha hai ki Sidharth ka ek accident mein dehaant ho gaya hai.

Shehnaaz felt her world shatter. Tears streamed down her face as she struggled to breathe. The pain was unbearable, and the emptiness profound. She couldn't believe that the man she loved was gone forever.

Shehnaaz kept visiting Marine Drive, their special place, hoping to feel his presence. The waves continued to crash against the rocks, the sun continued to set, but for Shehnaaz, time had stopped.

Shehnaaz (whispering to the wind): Sid, tu humesha mere dil mein rahega. Tujhe bhoolna mere bas ki baat nahi. Main hamesha tera intezaar karungi.

Years passed, and Shehnaaz lived on with the memories of their love. She became a successful writer, her stories filled with the passion and pain of her own experience. One fateful night, she was walking along Marine Drive, lost in thoughts of Sidharth, when a speeding car veered off course and struck her. Shehnaaz's life ended in the very place where she had cherished her love the most.

***

The story didn't end there. Somewhere in another life, another time, two souls were born with an inexplicable connection.

In a small town in Punjab, a young man named Siddharth found himself constantly dreaming of a girl whose face he could never quite see. In the same town, a girl named Shehnaaz often felt an overwhelming sense of longing whenever she gazed at the sunset.

One evening, Siddharth decided to take a walk by the town's small lake. He saw a girl sitting by the water, her silhouette strikingly familiar. Compelled by an invisible force, he approached her.

Siddharth: Hi, main Siddharth hoon. Tum yahaan aksar aati ho?

Shehnaaz turned to face him, her heart skipping a beat. His eyes, his voice, everything felt like déjà vu.

Shehnaaz: Haan, main Shehnaaz hoon. Tumhe dekh kar aisa lagta hai jaise hum pehle mil chuke hain.

They sat by the lake, talking for hours, sharing stories and dreams. With every word, every glance, the feeling grew stronger that they had known each other in another life.

As the sun set, casting a golden glow over them, Siddharth recited a shayari he had once heard in a dream.

Siddharth:

"Pyaar woh nahi jo jeene ka sahara de,
Pyaar toh woh hai jo marne ke baad bhi saath chale.
Ek armaan tha tere saath jeene ka,
Aaj khushi hai tujhe paake zindagi se pyaar karne ka."

Shehnaaz's eyes filled with tears. She felt the same soul-deep connection.

Shehnaaz: Siddharth, aisa lagta hai jaise humari kahani adhuri thi, par ab mukammal hone jaa rahi hai.

And so, in this new life, Siddharth and Shehnaaz found each other again. Their love, unbroken by time and space, finally got its happy ending. They lived their new life cherishing every moment, completing the story that had begun so many years ago by the sea in Mumbai.

The End

***

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read "Doosri Zindagi Mein Milenge." This story is very close to my heart, and I hope it has touched you as deeply as it did me while writing it. The journey of Sidharth and Shehnaaz is one of love, loss, and the magical possibility of rebirth, reminding us that true love never dies; it transcends time and space.

If you enjoyed the story, please take a moment to vote and leave your comments. Your votes help the story reach more readers, and your comments provide invaluable feedback that motivates and inspires me to keep writing. Whether it's a simple "I loved it!" or a detailed analysis of what you liked, every bit of engagement counts and means the world to me.

For those of you who have already voted and commented, I extend my heartfelt gratitude. Your support and encouragement make all the difference and fuel my passion for storytelling.

Thank you once again for being a part of this journey. I look forward to reading your thoughts and engaging with you in the comments section.

With love and appreciation, 
Your Author.