20.6

Author Note:

Effective immediately, I will no longer be revising chapters. Should you come across any errors, be they spelling, grammatical, or otherwise, please feel free to bring them to my attention. Your feedback is valuable and will be greatly appreciated.

I regret the irregularity in my updates. Unfortunately, maintaining a consistent schedule has proven challenging. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I have recently observed a decline in my writing proficiency compared to my previous work, which has been somewhat demotivating. Nonetheless, I am dedicated to enhancing my skills and delivering improved content.

I wish to reassure you that I am committed to completing my book. Should circumstances necessitate my departure from this platform in the future, I will notify you accordingly. Your patience and support are sincerely appreciated.

This space serves as my sanctuary from the demands of everyday life.

Thank you for your understanding and happy reading!

*****

Sidharth and Shehnaaz rushed into 'Serenity Health Center' hospital, their hearts pounding. They sprinted towards the operation theatre and found Sidharth's mom waiting anxiously.

Sidharth's father had been in a serious accident, and his mom had called early in the morning to deliver the shocking news. Despite his own shock, Sidharth composed himself and hurried back from Manali with his wife, Shehnaaz.

"Mom," he called out softly. His mother's eyes filled with tears as she turned to embrace him tightly.

"Sidharth, tumhare papa...", she couldn't continue, overcome with emotion.

"Shh mom, chup hojaie, kuchh nahi hoga dad ko. Mai hun na," he reassured her, though inside, he was crumbling with every passing moment. He loved his dad dearly, and who doesn't love their dad? Everyone cherishes their father.

As a son, expressing love for his dad is different than for his mom, isn't it? It's tough when you realize you've always struggled to express that love, but fathers always understand that their sons love them deeply.

Sidharth gently guided his mom to a nearby three-seater waiting chair. Shehnaaz followed and embraced her mother-in-law, offering her silent strength. Their bond transcended mere daughter-in-law and mother-in-law; they were like mother and daughter.

Sidharth's mom loved Shehnaaz as if she were her own daughter. She wasn't just Sidharth's wife or her daughter-in-law; she was family.

"Mummy ji, kuchh nahi hoga papa ko. Sab thik ho jayega, bhagwan pe bharosa rakhiye, woh galat nahi hone denge," Shehnaaz assured her, her voice steady despite the tears in her eyes. Her words gave strength to both Sidharth and his mom.

Sidharth left his wife and mom together and made urgent phone calls. He needed to understand what had happened to his dad—was it truly an accident or something more sinister?

He called his friend Vivaan. Despite trying to remain strong, Sidharth struggled to control his emotions. How could he behave normally when his father's life hung in the balance?

"Hello, Vivaan," Sidharth's voice was heavy with worry.

"Ha Bhai bol, kaisa hai tu?" Vivaan started cheerfully but was cut off by Sidharth's grave tone.

"Dad ka accident hogaya hai, Serenity Health Center hospital aaja," Sidharth said, his voice cracking.

"What! Aata hun Bhai, tu sambhal apne aapko," Vivaan replied, concern evident in his voice.

Sidharth ended the call, his mind racing with thoughts of the past 24 hours. First, he had confessed why he had ignored Shehnaaz, and how she had given him a chance and forgiven his mistake. He knew he needed to earn Sana's trust back, but right now, his father was the priority.

Half an hour later, Vivaan arrived at the hospital, breathless. He regarded Sidharth's father as his own.

"Yeh kaise hua?" Vivaan asked urgently.

"Mom ne bataya ki accident hua hai, but you know na Vivaan, about our enemies. I called you to find out if it was a real accident or planned," Sidharth explained.

"Hmm," Vivaan nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. He reassured Shehnaaz and Sidharth's mom, urging them to stay positive.

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor emerged from the operation theatre with news about the patient.

"Ghabarane ki koi baat nahi hai, operation successful raha. Teen ghante baad aap log unse mil sakte hai. Mr. Shukla, aap mere cabin mai aaiye, kuchh baat karni hai aapke dad ke related," the doctor informed them before leaving for his cabin.

Sidharth's mom clung to hope but couldn't stop worrying. "Sidharth, yeh doctor tujhse kya baat karne ko bulaye? Tere papa thik to ho jayenge na?" she asked, her mind struggling to process the situation.

"Mom, aap overthink kar rahe ho. Ruko, mai milke doctor se baat karta hun. Shehnaaz, tum mummy ji ke saath raho," Sidharth said, gesturing to Shehnaaz to take care of his mom.

"Mummy ji, aap baithiye," Shehnaaz gently guided Sidharth's mom to sit down, silently assuring her.

Inside the doctor's cabin,

Dr:  Mr. Shukla, maine aapko bulaya hai kyun ki aapke dad ko rest ki sakht zaroorat hai. Unke leg ke femoral shaft bone fracture hua hai. Unka operation to hamne kar diya hai ab unhe kam se kam ek mahine tak hospital mein observation main rahna hoga. Lucky hai ki unko aur zyada nuksaan nahi hua, aksar aise halat mein logon ka haalat kharab hota hai.

Sidharth listened intently, feeling a pang of pain for his father's suffering. But amidst the concern was the burning question: how had this accident happened?

Exiting the doctor's office, Sidharth shared the news with his mom and wife.

The next two months were dedicated to taking care of his dad. While Sidharth managed his billion-dollar business empire, his dad recuperated at home under careful supervision. His father received all the attention from both his wife and Shehnaaz.

Being a CEO wasn't easy; it required juggling numerous responsibilities. Yet amidst all this, Sidharth never repeated his mistake of neglecting Shehnaaz. Every night, before they retired to bed, he spent at least an hour with her. Over these two months, Sidharth and Shehnaaz grew closer.

Sidharth was unsure of his feelings, perhaps even afraid, while Shehnaaz was certain of hers. She waited patiently for Sidharth to acknowledge his love.

As promised, Vivaan investigated the accident. The report confirmed it was a natural accident; no foul play was involved.

***

Note: From the next chapter onwards, the focus will solely be on Sidharth and Shehnaaz. Get ready to witness their romance and love unfold.

***

Do vote and comment.