Facing the music

Blake

The next day, I woke up feeling a sense of unease. The confrontation with Lex still lingered in my mind, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt and worry. I knew I had to find a way to make things right with her, but I had no idea where to start.

As I got out of bed and began getting ready for the day, my phone buzzed. It was Kiara.

"Hey," she said, her voice cheerful. "How are you doing today?"

I sighed, not wanting to burden her with my problems again. "I'm okay," I said, trying to sound casual. "Just a little hungover from yesterday's drama."

"Drama?" Kiara repeated, her voice concerned. "What happened?"

I hesitated, not wanting to get into it over the phone. "It's nothing," I said. "I'll tell you about it later, okay? Are you free today?"

Kiara sensed my evasiveness but didn't push the issue. "Yeah, I'm free. What did you have in mind?"

I thought for a moment. "Let's go for a drive," I said. "Get out of the city for a bit. Clear our heads."

Kiara agreed, and we made plans to meet up an hour later.

As I hung up the phone, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Maybe a day out with Kiara was just what I needed to take my mind off things and figure out a way to fix things with Lex.

*****
Kiara

I stood outside my new house, admiring the sleek lines and modern design. I couldn't believe Blake had given me such an incredible gift. As I waited for her to arrive, I heard the rumble of a powerful engine in the distance. My heart skipped a beat as a black McLaren 720S Spider came into view. The car stopped in front of me, and Blake emerged from the driver's side, looking like a total boss in her shades, leather jacket, white vest, jeans, and white shoes.

"Hey, ma reine" she said with a smile, opening the door for me. "Ready for a day out?"

I nodded, feeling a little awestruck by the car and Blake's cool demeanor. "Yeah, but can we make a quick stop at my parents' house first?" I asked, hesitating slightly.

Blake raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that?" she asked, her expression softening with concern.

I nodded again, feeling a sense of determination. "Yeah, I need to talk to them about something."

Blake nodded and gestured for me to get in the car. "Okay, let's go."

As we drove to my parents' house, I could tell Blake was curious about what I wanted to talk to them about, but she didn't pry. When we pulled up to the house, she turned off the engine and started to get out of the car.

"Hey, you can stay here," I said, putting a hand on her arm. "I'll go in alone."

Blake looked at me uncertainly. "Are you sure? I don't mind coming in with you."

I smiled and shook my head. "I appreciate that, but this is something I need to do on my own. Besides, I won't be long."

Blake nodded and settled back into her seat, looking relaxed and comfortable in the driver's seat. "Okay, I'll be here."

I smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "Thanks, Blake."

With that, I got out of the car and walked towards the front door, feeling a sense of gratitude and support knowing that Blake was there for me, even if she was staying in the car.

I walked into the house, my heart racing with anticipation. I knew my mother was angry with me, but I didn't realize how angry until I saw her face. She was sitting on the couch, her eyes blazing with fury, her mouth set in a tight line. My stepfather was sitting next to her, his eyes fixed on me with a mixture of concern and disappointment.

"Kiara, what are you doing here?," my mother asked, her voice low and even.

I took a deep breath and walked further into the room. "I know you're upset, Mom," I said, trying to keep my voice calm. "But please, just listen to me."

My mother stood up, her eyes flashing. "Listen to you? You're the one who's been sneaking around behind our backs, kissing that...that...girl."

I felt a surge of defiance. "Her name is Blake, Mom. And she's not just any girl. She's the person I love."

My mother's face turned red with anger. "Love? You don't know what love is, Kiara. You're just infatuated with someone who is a bad influence on you."

I shook my head, feeling a wave of frustration. "You don't know anything about Blake, Mom. You're just judging her based on appearances."

The argument escalated until we were both shouting at each other. My stepfather tried to intervene, but we were too caught up in our own anger to listen. Finally, my mother slammed her hand on the coffee table and stood up. "Get out," she said. "Get out of my house and don't come back until you've come to your senses."

I burst into tears as I flung open the car door, collapsing into the passenger seat. Blake's concerned face was the last thing I saw before my vision blurred. She enveloped me in a warm embrace, holding me close as I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Hey, it's okay." she whispered softly, her voice a gentle balm to my frazzled nerves.

I tried to speak, but the words got stuck in my throat. All I could manage were ragged sobs and gasping breaths. Blake held me tighter, her love and support palpable in her tender touch.

As my tears subsided, I pulled back, my eyes red and puffy. Blake's face was etched with concern, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

"I'm so sorry, Kiara," she whispered, her voice cracking with emotion. "I'm here for you, always."

She pulled back, her eyes flashing with determination. "I'm going to go talk to your parents," she said, her voice firm.

But I grabbed her arm, holding her back. "No, Blake, don't," I pleaded, my voice shaking. "It'll only make things worse."

Blake's face softened, her eyes filling with love. She nodded, her grip on my arm tightening. "Okay, ma reine. I won't go."

As we drove we sat in silence, the only sound our ragged breathing and the beating of our hearts. But in that silence, I knew that I was not alone. Blake was with me.