Cotillion Preparation/Talk

"Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal says as Evie does a fitting on her and Celine starts on Lonnie's dress using the fabrics that she had Evie buy. "Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Celine says. "Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal complains. "Impeccable." Evie compliments her creation. "Evie? Celine?" Mal calls. "Hmm?" They both say. "Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asks them. Evie steps back a little startled by the question. Although it has been on her mind for a long while she would never bring it just up to avoid getting scolded by Celine. And if she brought it up she knows Celine would tell Thomas and Thomas would tell Tatiana which makes another scolding from her own lover.

"That's funny. Ah! Look who's on TV." Celine squeals. Evie looks at the T.V. another frown forming. She remembers that day. Her best creation getting ruined. "Was the food really that bad Mal?" Evie asks laughter filling the room. "As the 2 royal couples continue their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago..." "Yeah." Mal sighs. "No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend, and Queen Tatiana and her lover, from the wrong side of the bridge would last." The T.V. says. "Lover..it's not that hard to say 'girlfriend' you damn idiot" Evie thought. "Yeah. No kidding." Is all she can muster out loud. "Mal and Evie must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when they will officially become ladies of the Court." The T.V. person says.

Mal and Evie gasp and Mal runs to get their only copy of the "Lady of the Court rule book". "Mirror Mirror in my hand what does the Lady of the Court rule book say?" Evie asks her mirror. Her mirror showing her the first page so she can read off of her mirror. Mal goes to a marked page in her spell book. "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need." Mal recites then swishes her hand around before opening the book scanning the book and switches to the next pages. "I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already? And Evie your secret to fitting in will break Tatiana's soft little heart. Don't you think it's time to come clean?" Celine asks them. Saddened by the scene in front of her.

"Celine, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal says. "I need this to prove to Tatiana that I am smart..even if it isn't completely true..and it also is taking a lot of stress off my back so I have time to put aside for getting Tatiana gifts and time to make her favorite foods for our picnic." Evie explains. "Well, personally, as your guy's best friend, I strongly believe that these 'toys'--" Celine says grabbing the spell book with one hand and wrestling the magic mirror out of Evie's hand with her other hand. "Ah!" Mal and Evie exclaim. "They belongs in the museum, along with my voodoo doll that I had used on Thomas." Celine says. Mal and Evie both pout. "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away." They stop pouting reluctantly. "Mm-hmm. You know I'm right." Celine says.

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asks. "Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Celine asks them. "Yeah!" Evie exclaims. "No!" Celine says. "What?" Mal and Evie say saddened by her answer. "Why would we? M, E, come here. Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now." Celine says. "Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, and E revealed her admiration for grapes, they have received hundreds of cartons from their admirers. Here they are enjoying a cozy bite..." The T.V. trails off. Evie looks toward the window where some of the thousands of cartons of grapes and strawberries sit at.

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay? Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them." Celine says gaining back Evie's attention. She picks up the other pair. "Mm. Severe." Mal says.