7

Mairi Ramos 10:00 PM

 I sit in the passenger seat of Amina's Benz as we contemplate what club we could go to

Worst behavior by Ariana Grande plays lowly on her radio as we talk over it.

"Okay, strip club last, nightclubs first," Sevyn says.

We all agree.

"We're finding you a rebound," Inez says.

I laugh, "Guys I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want Reina..."

Everyone has collective shocked reactions.

"I mean, the moments we shared were passionate and it felt like—right, it just felt good," I explain.

Sevyn shrugs, "and she's hot!"

I laugh, "Exactlyyyy,"

Me and the girls enter the party atmosphere, the bright neon lights illuminate the loud nightclub, and it seems fun.

"Go to the section, I'm getting the first round of shots!" Sevyn says over the music.

We all hold hands as Amina leads us to the section.

"Oh shitt I forgot we already ordered a bottle," Inez says, picking up the large bottle of Casamigos.

I laugh, "Y'all gon have me drunk as fuck."

Amina nods, "And then you can go with your wife after having fun with us."

I roll my eyes jokingly, "She is definitely not my wife, she's just a rebound."

Inez tilts her head with her thick eyebrows raised, motioning beside me.

Amina's brown eyes widen.

Then I look to Sevyn who's looking at the person beside me with a bright smile on her face.

"Just a rebound?" The familiar raspy voice asks me.

I look to my friends for help, but they slide out of the booth. Sevyn hands me my shot before walking away with them.

I quickly down the burning liquid, avoiding looking at her.

"I mean, that's pretty abrasive mami." She says.

"Well then what are we?" I ask, finally looking at her tattooed face.