F o u r

Melanie's POV

The whole 3 weeks went to end quicker than I expected, Shawn got an opportunity to sign with Island Records. He's going to sign then he'll record his song I have yet to hear. Life of the Party. That leaves the last week of break for me to catch up on American Horror Story and thinking.

I thought about my friend as we went down the highway trying to enter my hometown without a wreck. Thank god my dad wasn't late when i was at the airport. It was freezing my face off. I was missing my friends more than anything. With Shawn gone for a week and the only friend I probably had was Laya.

But with her luck she has the worlds freaking strictest parents. One of the reasons I hang out with Shawn more. I hear the brakes screech as my dad pulled into our snow shoveled driveway. I wasn't really wearing winter appropriate apparel. I scurried up the icy steps into my house.

"I'm late for work Lana, I'll be home at midnight" my dad wiped his forehead.

"Can you try to fix up the breaks, at least put some break fluid?" He added

"Will do" I murmured as I closed the door and walked into the warm house. I took off my wet shoes and my snow stained hoodie. I rubbed my hands together with slight friction making them warmer. I open my fridge hoping to find something to eat.

"Great I freaking love eating ketchup and ranch" I mumbled

I open the bag of bread and pop them in the toaster. I stalled on my phone for a while before I nearly got the life scared out of me when the toast popped.

I grabbed the toasts quickly and took out the butter. I cleaned off a butter knife and applied butter to the toast not missing a spot. I grabbed my food and ran off to my room.

I open my laptop, the MacBook whatever. I got it from my rich ass Aunt who adores me. I didn't have the richest family only saying that two people lived in this house. Me and my dad. I log on to Netflix hoping. A new episode came out. Thankfully I clicked on the recent episode and went into full focus mode.

--

The episode was over and I was in my feelings.

"Dammit" I mutter as I remember I had to fix up the car. I slipped on uggs and putting a big sweatshirt on. I had trouble putting my gloves but soon got them. I walk outside down my stairs and to the car. I open the front hood and inspect. I bent down and reached into the car parts with full focus.

"Need help?" A person's voice asked.

"Huh?" I quickly shot my head up out of surprise and banged my head on the hood.

"Fuck" I mutter rubbing my head. I look up to the figure standing in front of me.

"Danny?" I ask

"Just give me a minute to talk please" he begged

"Go ahead" I crossed my arms

"I was drunk back there, I was out of my mind. I am really sorry. Out of my guilt I somehow convinced the whole school it was just a prank. I grunted you next time you come back everything wi be normal" he pleaded

"Then why the fuck would you set up a camera?" I scolded him

"That was from my old buddy- ehh John, yeah... he records everything that happens in his house. Trust me" his brown eyes dimmed

"Anything, I'll do anything" he pleaded

"What do you want?" My tone got more soft

"Can we start over?" He asked.

"You really sure you aren't the jerk you were back there?" I asked

"100 percent" he smiled

"Alright... Okay" I smiled on how he got the whole school to forget about it.

"Can you hand me the brake fluid?" I asked pointing toward a container. He handed me the container softly and I finished fixing the brakes.

"How 'bout we go for some coffee?" He asked

"Lenny's?" I asked

"Yup"

"Let's go" I smiled. He lead me to his car he had park on the side of the road.

--

"I saw pictures of you at Magcon on Instagram" he looked up from his fingers tapping on the side of the cup.

"Oh yeah" I blushed for no apparent reason. He opened his phone and showed me a picture of my and Cameron. 3 pictures at the total. One of Cameron laying his hand on my shoulder. One of them holding my hands and one of us just laughing.

"Who's that? " Danny asked

"What's it to you?" I ask awkwardly

"I just wanna know" he shrugged

"His name is Cameron" I mumbled

"Do you like him?"

"No he's just my friend, Danny. Plus he's like two or three years older than me" I said

"Mhm" Danny mumbled while drinking his coffee

"I'd think you'd be hanging out with Shawn right now" he lifted his pink plump lips off of the coffee cup.

"Is this interrogation or something I thought we came here to start over not talk about me" I questioned him.

"Don't need to get rude" he laughed. I rolled my eyes

"So you think these sketchy pictures won't ruin your relationship with Shawn?" Danny asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I want something from you." He paused

"Sex" he said just above a whisper. My eyes grew wide. I stood up punt of anger. I threw my coffee cup in his face as scolding hot coffee made him yell.

"Have fun going to school In a Couple weeks" he yelled as I stormed out of the shop. I flipped him off and walked into the cold streets. No one was here to pick me up. I tried to call Laya but she wasn't there. I sighed and walked down the road. I leaned against a cold bus stop bench. I banged my fist against the post board.

"Dammit" I yelled. I didn't happen to bring any money with me. The bus rolled up into a complete stop. I sat on the bench.

"Aren't cha' gon' come in?" Mr. Lane opened the doors.

"Sorry Sir, I didn't bring any money" I looked at my feet they were completely numb.

"It's okay for this time honey" he spoke up. I looked up at him with a Small smile.

"Thanks" I walk past him and sit in the middle area of the bus against the window.

*ding*

I received a message from Shawn.

Shawn: Hey how's it goin?

I pressed my thumbs together thinking of what to say next. I didn't need anymore stress on him right now.

Me: okay I guess

Shawn: I'll be back the same time school comes back 😋

I read the text and clicked off my phone. I stared out the window for a while. Seeing all of the snowy features of Canada. The bus came to a complete stop in my neighborhood. My house was a couple houses down from where he stopped.

"Go get warm" Mr. Lane said as I walked off. I nodded and walked down the sidewalk. To my left side of the road I see some little kids building a fort. A boy, and a girl. I sighed and walked into the entrance of my house.

I threw off my shoes and threw them in the corner frustratedly.  I screwed something in my mind.

Never trust Danny.

Thanks for reading. Next chapter coming up! :)