Dying Fiancé's Thoughts

(No, this is not human AU, don't let the pic fool y'all ) (bonus chapter)

The next morning was a storm very similar to that of the geostorm that happened two months ago. The window shields looked like they were going to break any minute and every minute that passed by. 

Zestial was in his office with Clara, Odette and Carmilla the dean of medicine.

"Carmilla, we must test his spinal fluid again, the first time it was completely normal, but he has gotten considerably worse in record time. Do I have your permission?" Zestial asked, his tone sever since they haven't ever seen a case like this one.

"Wait," Odette suggested "Could it be PAM? All the symptoms fit and also the time lines. All his symptoms are coming at accurate timings. Naegleria fowleri?"

"Its not likely," Carmilla countered "Primary amebic meningoencephalitis is extremely rare and only found in the southern countries. Even so, it's still rare even in the South. Not possible."

"Carmilla." Zestial said, trying to get her attention, seeking permission for the Lumbar puncture.

"Yes, go ahead Zestial." Carmilla said, waving him away.

He quickly glided out of the room, leaving the women to argue about Alastor's strange decease.

Lucifer was awake for some time now, watching Alastor in his slumber. He was huddled on the hospital couch with his knees up to his chin, his eyes dashing between Alastor's face and his heart monitor, expecting it to flatline any moment. Lucifer was having a war within himself, not knowing how to feel. 'Stop it Lulu, he won't die, stop preparing yourself for his death, it's going to be ok.' 'No, you stop it! He might leave any moment now and you're acting like it's not a big deal! You are watching the first person you've ever truly loved DIE IN YOUR FACE!'

This heartbreaking inner debate was stopped short when Zestial came in to get another lumbar puncture from Alastor. 

"Mr. Morningstar, I will need for Alastor to be conscious during this procedure. Im going to ask that you don't altercate him while this is done since it might make risk his ability to walk if the needle goes elsewhere or breaks part of the vertebrae." Zestial sternly said, taking the mask off of Alastor and letting him seep into consciousness.

"...Lulu? Where are you?" Alastor said with a raspy and low voice, trying his best to sit up and look and him. Zestial stopped him from sitting up and gently pushed him back down.

"Yes, I'm right here, Ali..." Luicfer said, relived that Alastor wasn't having a psychotic episode. He grabbed his pant leg, holding back from jumping up and squeezing Alastor since Zestial had asked him not to interfere.

"I- I remember what I asked you last night....What was your answer?" Alastor asked, mildly worried that Lulu said no.

"Alastor....I do" Lucifer cried, biting his lip.

"All right, Mr. Hartfelt, you will lay on your side and fold your legs as if you're sitting. I will put some sedative on your lower back, it will help calm you down, but you will still feel a strong pinch." Zestial said, walking to the other side of the bed and pushing Alastor to his side to expose his back. Zestial keenly grabbed a small syringe full of anesthesia and put only half of it into Alastor's lower back. He then grabbed a much larger and longer syringe, about three and a half inches. Zestial slowly inserted the needle into Alastor's spine. Alastor almost screamed, but bit his lips as his eyes widened with the insane amount of pain he was feeling even with the sedative. The needle burned its way through his vertebrae and into where his spinal fluids where.