Chapter 16.

I stum my guitar lightly, trying to get the cords for this new song I wrote right. I found a bench near the ocean where nobody was around. It has turned chilly the past week, not cold but not hot enough to be outside in a swimsuit all day either. So most people wouldn't be coming to the beach until it warmed back up again.

I was struggling with the melody when I heard the sound of someone breathing, making me stop playing. "You know this was the spot I fell for you?" My ears instantly recognizing Michaels voice. I turn to see him looking out at the sand and water.

I fumble through my pockets till I find my phones and type.

Why?

"Why did I fall for you?" He asks with confusion on his face.

Why this spot?

I rephrased my question and hand him back the phone. He stares at it a minute before looking back down at me. "Because, in that moment, watching you play my guitar, I seen the passion in your eyes, I seen you pour your soul into your favorite song, I got to see the side of you most people don't, see you may not be able to talk Levi, but I've heard you speak, through your music." His answer leaves me momentarily breathless.

Guilt hits me like a freight train, leaving me feeling awful for treating this amazingly sweet guy like such crap earlier when all he was trying to do was help.

•I'm sorry, about earlier, what I texted you...

He chuckles slightly. "Its okay, you were angry, we all do dumb shit when we're mad..." He pause taking a seat next to me now. "Seriously, have you seen when Luke loses fifa? I'm pretty sure he's said much worse to me." He jokes making me laugh. I till my head up and kiss his lips. "Oh I completely forgive you now." He smirks leaning over to kiss me again.

"I liked that sound by the way." He adds a few minutes later.

Really? Good cause I wrote it for the band.

"No way! That's killer!" He says excitedly. "The guys will love it."

•I hope so! Whens the next show?

"Saturday, oh and speaking of that, guess what babe?" His eyes light up like a little kid on Christmas.

What?

"An actual band manager is coming to check us out, how insane is that?" The excitement in his voice coming through with every word.

•Shut up!!

I type then wrap my arms around his neck. That really was awesome news. We sat there going back and forth, talking and typing about the upcoming show before I realized it was getting sort of late.

I glance down at the clock on my phone, 5:46? Holy shit, I've been gone forever. I hope Ben isn't going to be pissed, that's the last thing I need right now.

•I should probably get home soon, wanna walk with me?

"Oh course!" Michael smiles getting up, carrying my guitar case for me. We stop for coffee at the local Starbucks that was right around the corner from where I lived. I intertwined our fingers and sip my coffee. Content.

These are the moment I wish I could save forever.