Cheap Shampoo?

As the meeting concluded, I watched as the hoard of men and boys alike scattered out of the old run-down building. Some stayed a second to watch me, some left at the first chance they got. One thing I did notice was that each and every one of them bowed and showed me respect before they left.

It made me somewhat uncomfortable, but nonetheless, I bowed back. At first, I told them to stop, but Ran told me to let them.

"Just go with it, doll face," he smirked as he motioned over to Izana who was talking to a man with glasses. "If you don't, Izana will be mad at them for not showing respect."

I furrowed my brows at the man with glasses standing next to Izana. He gave off a bad vibe that sent shivers down my spine.

"Ugly," I muttered under my breath as Rindou looked over at me confused. "Who? Izana?" he laughed as I shook my head.

"No, that guy with him," I pouted. "He just looks... up to something. I don't like it."

"Oh? Kisaki?" Kakucho mumbled as he stood next to me. "Yeah, he's pretty new," Shion agreed.

"He gives off a bad vibe; I don't like him," I gripped onto the side of my arm nervously as a tap on my shoulder startled me.

Turning around, I stared at the stranger who tapped me.

"If you ever feel uncomfortable around these idiots, just sit with me," he spoke softly as I nodded in agreement.

"I'm Y/N L/N," I introduced myself with a smile as he greeted me back.

"Kokonoi Hajime," he smiled back dramatically flipping his hair. "What shampoo do you use?"

I chuckled softly before replying, "just the cheapest one."

"What?" He asked incredulously his face turning sour.

"Well, I'm struggling financially at the moment but my friends are helping me so-"

"No! Not that! How is cheap shampoo making your hair look like that?" He asked genuinely curious causing us both to laugh together in amusement.

"IZANA!" kokonoi shouted, his voice cutting through the noise and grabbing everyone's attention.

"What?" Mucho spoke, turning to face Izana as he looked over.

"I'm talking l/n with me, we are going shopping," kokonoi declared, prompting a nod from Mucho.

But Izana interjected, "Wait, I don't think so. He asked me, not Mucho."

"First of all! He asked Izana! Second good riddance," Kisaki chimed in with a smirk.

"I do not need an echo, Kisaki," Izana retorted sharply.

Undeterred by the brewing tension, you stepped forward with a smile on your face. "Come on!" you exclaimed excitedly to kokonoi, eager to join him on his shopping trip. Ignoring Izana's disapproval, you dragged kokonoi along as he followed willingly.

As you walked kokonoi realized that you were heading in the wrong direction. He pointed it out to you gently. "Um? l/n... we are going the wrong way," he said softly.

You nodded in understanding but had other plans in mind. "Yes, I need to speak to someone first. Also call me y/n," you replied cheerfully.

"Haruchiyo," you called out suddenly as kokonoi perked up at the mention someone's name.

Confusion spread among Ran and Rindou as they mumbled about who Haruchiyo could be. Meanwhile, Sanzu turned towards you with a quizzical expression on his face. "Why are you even here?" he questioned bluntly.

"I could ask the same thing," you countered playfully with a smile dancing on your lips

"I thought you was in fingerman anyways," Y/n teased playfully as Sanzu shook his head, correcting me with a chuckle, "it was toman not fingerman."

"Oh," i replied nonchalantly. "Anyways I joined tenjiku now," he spoke, and i nodded in understanding.

As they continued their conversation, Izana approached them, curiosity glinting in his eyes. "You know Sanzu? Y/n?" he asked as he walked beside her.

"Sanzu? Oh yeah I call him Haruchiyo though," Y/n explained with a reminiscent smile. "We used to live in the same neighborhood. I was friends with his sister for a while until I moved with my mother because she got a smaller house."

Izana's concern surfaced as he questioned, "Is she safe with you?" Sanzu's gaze hardened at the implication before retorting sharply, "Of course, the fuck?"

"Why wouldn't I be safe with Haruchiyo?"

I interjected playfully to ease the tension as Kokonoi laughed. "Well, he is a gang member."

"Yeah, but so are all of you," i conceded with a shrug.

Deciding on an impromptu plan, I declared enthusiastically to Haruchiyo, "That settles it! You are coming shopping with me and Kokonoi." As Haruchiyo began to walk away disinterestedly, i grabbed his shirt pleadingly.

"Please! We are going shampoo shopping!" I exclaimed desperately. His expression softened at my earnest plea before agreeing good-naturedly.

AN
SORRY THIS IS SHORT!