Chapter 54

Jude Bellingham

As I stepped onto the pitch, the familiar rhythm of training began to take over, the crisp morning air filling my lungs as I jogged out with the rest of the team. The sound of boots hitting the grass, the echo of coaches shouting instructions—it was grounding. But today, the weight of what was coming in two days felt heavier than usual. The European Championship final. Spain. The whole country watching. The pressure was enormous, and it was impossible to shake.

In just 48 hours, we'd be playing the game of our lives. The final showdown. Bringing it home for England was what everyone expected. And that expectation? It was suffocating.

I tried to focus, to lock into the routine of training—the feel of the ball, the sharpness of my passes, the precision of my movement. But my mind wasn't fully here. The tension in the team was palpable. Everyone knew what was at stake, and no one wanted to talk about it. There wasn't much left to say, anyway. We all knew the job we had to do.

But it wasn't just the final against Spain that was weighing on me. It was everything else—last night, Cecilia, the moments we shared. It had felt so effortless, like old times, and yet, it was different. Things were complicated now. And then there was Gavi—on the opposite team, the guy she'd been spending so much time with.

That thought alone was enough to make my stomach tighten. I knew I'd see him on the pitch in just two days. Facing him in the biggest game of our careers, knowing everything that had been swirling between us off the field, made it feel like more than just football.

As I finished a set of sprints, one of the guys—Ben, our right-back—sidled up next to me. He had a knowing grin on his face, eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Yo, Jude," he said, keeping his voice low as we jogged in step. "Where'd you disappear to last night, huh? Thought you were coming to that team dinner?"

I gave him a sideways glance, masking the smirk that was tugging at the corner of my lips. I wasn't about to spill. Not now.

"Nowhere special," I replied, keeping my tone casual. "Just needed some space. Clear my head."

Ben raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Right, 'clear your head.' Sure. If you say so."

I could feel him watching me, probably waiting for me to slip up or give something away, but I wasn't about to. What had happened with Cecilia? That was staying with me. For now, at least.

Ben shrugged, letting it drop as we both slowed down, grabbing some water before the next drill. The conversation shifted, but my mind remained restless.

Two days. In just two days, we'd be stepping out onto that pitch, and everything would be on the line. England versus Spain. Me versus Gavi. The pressure to perform was insane, and the entire country's hopes felt like they were resting on our shoulders.

But even with all that pressure, as I stood there on the field, all I could think about was last night. The way Cecilia's laugh echoed through the empty stadium, the way her hand felt in mine, the kiss we shared at the center of the pitch. Everything about her.

I shook my head, forcing myself back to reality. I couldn't afford distractions. Not now. Not when the final was so close.

But as much as I tried to focus on the game, I couldn't escape the pull Cecilia had on me. Two days until the biggest match of my life—and she was right at the center of it all, whether I liked it or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After training, I felt the exhaustion in every part of my body, but my mind was still elsewhere. The pressure of the upcoming Euro final was intense, almost tangible, but my thoughts kept drifting back to last night with Cecilia. The stadium was now empty, and I found myself standing there, staring out at the pitch, trying to clear my head.