Roadtrip

As a reminder, this is a continuation of the story from Day 2 "Bored" and an AU where Peter is a mutant with the ability to turn into any big cat he wants.  Nick Fury adopted him after his parents died, but knew him as Uncle Nick before that, so he calls him.  He just met and made friends with the one and only Harley Keener-Stark the biological son of the one and only Tony Stark. They just finished pranking the Avengers to rid themselves of their boredom and well they got caught and are making terrible decisions left and right but that is neither here nor there. Now let's get back to where we left off...-K

Harley and Peter were racing down the streets, back alleys, and just about anywhere because they knew they were screwed. Not only had they pranked the Avengers they got their respective Guardians caught in the crossfire and were now running away from punishment. They sure are not doing things halfway that's for sure...For better or worse.  Traveling by Cheeta is not the most inconspicuous way to travel but is the fastest option available to them. 

Peter could hear the Iron Man thrusters faintly in the distance and the familiar rubble of his Uncle's motorcycle that he hadn't used since Peter was eight. "I know a place where we can go to hideout till our respective guardians cool off. Just follow my directions to the harbor to the T and we won't get caught on the cameras." Harley said and Peter growled in response since he could not nod at the present moment.  After many complex directions and near scares with the cameras, they hopped on a boat heading straight for Star City Harbor.

"Remind me again why you chose Star City for us to lay low?"  Peter asked as he and Harley were getting ready to hide inside the shipping container they chose. "Because no one would expect it I would have said we could go to Gotham or Bludhaven some of the most dangerous cities on the West Coast if not for the fact some of my family lives there. I ended up choosing another city that is also considered in the top ten most dangerous cities on the West Coast." Harley said while shaking his head. "That just makes me question this decision even more?" Peter said failing his hands around. "No one would think we would do something that dumb so that's probably one of the last places they would check," Harley said as he puffed out his chest in pride for his strange thought process.  "Well that makes sense I guess...What family do you have that lives in Gotham and Bludhaven?" Peter asked before he could contemplate if this was the best idea.

"Well Bruce Wayne kinda calls my dad his brother as a joke and it's just persisted to where I think of his kids as my cousins and vice versa and well my oldest cousin lives in Bludhaven. If we went to either of those places  not only would it be expected if we ran into any of my cousins or Uncle they would immediately call us in and we would be screwed." Harley said quite frankly like he didn't just drop a bombshell on Peter. 

They were on the boat for about a week before they docked in Star City Harbor. During the one week on the boat, the boys took food from the kitchen to eat, took some clothes that no one was using, washed their clothes, took a deck of cards, played over a hundred games of poker, and swapped life stories. They didn't have much else to do other than sleep but when they docked they rushed off the boat and into Star City. They ran around the city for most of the day before finding a long abandoned apartment to start living in. They deep-cleaned the mattresses and blankets they found inside before falling asleep for the night. They got part-time jobs as dock hands down at the harbor to afford food. One night just after a week of moving to Star City they were just walking back after eating late when they were boxed in. "Give us all the money you got." A man with a gun said as more people surrounded them brandishing weapons chuckling. "Here just leave us alone," Harley said as he was handing them the $10 because he knew they would not win in a fair fight sure Peter's a mutant but it was two on 13 with the majority of them having guns. Even though Peter could probably take the majority of them out in one fail swoop before he would get them all they would put more holes in him than Swiss Cheese.