Separated

Hey there it's day 9 wahoo! Last single-digit day! This is A Pokemon story set early into the  Alola arc not based on an actual episode unlike "Luck" which was loosely based on an episode of the show. The reason I say it's set earlier in the arc is because Ash just started going to the trainer's school in this story. I also really like Kukui acting like a dad to Ash which is also very prevalent in the story Idea for day 12 so you get to see more of Dad Kukui in about two days. Ash only has Pikachu in this story so he hasn't caught any other Pokemon yet. Ash only met the others at the trainer school just a few days ago at the time of the story taking place. Now with all of that out of the way let's get on with the story.-K

"Ash come on wake up we have a field trip today," Professor Kukui said as he shook Ash awake Ash just curled further into the blanket and Kukui just kept shaking him till he was awake. "Hurry up get dressed and eat your breakfast we have to get to the school," Professor Kukui said as he walked over to the table. Ash sprung up scarfed down his breakfast and got dressed as quickly as possible. "Come on Pikachu we get to finally see another island in Alola," Ash said as Pikachu jumped on his shoulder and then they started the walk to the school.

"I have a meeting I have to attend on Mount Hokulani so you'll have a tour guide sorry about that," Kukui said while chuckling. "It's ok," Ash said and Pikachu nodded alongside his trainer. "Don't get separated from the group please I beg you Acreus don't get separated please don't get lost I don't want to face your mother if that were to happen," Kukui said as he he shook his head.  "I haven't gotten lost yet, Professor Kukui ." Ash groaned. "You got lost in the grocery store last week." Kukui deadpanned. "Hey!" Ash shouted playfully as Kuki took his hat off his head. "You worry me, kid," Kukui said as he ruffled his hair and then put Ash's hat back on backward. 

When They arrived at the school Kukui took attendance and upon discovering everyone was there got them all lined up and to the marina.  Once they were there they got on the boat bound for Ula'Ula Island to their field trip destination.  When they arrived at their destination Kukui immediately had to leave but he made sure they were passed off to their tour guide. "Hey, there My name's Nyx, and I'll be your tour guide and supervision for around Ula'Ula while your teacher is away at his meeting." The Tour guide said and the group nodded. After only 20 minutes of knowing her Ash decided he liked Nyx she was bubbly and friendly and he could match her energy effortlessly Kiawe did look at him and muttered something about Ash reminding him of someone called Mimo. They saw the Mali Garden and Lana tried to shove Ash into one of the rivers which ended with a game of tag and numerous attempts to push each other into the rivers. They saw the recycling place on a part of the Outer Cape which was pretty cool Then they went to Haina Desert and that's when everything went downhill as fast as an Arcanine.

"Ok, so we're going to Runis of Abundance in Haina Desert everyone grab hands and link up in a line so we don't lose anyone. If you are separated from the group stay where you are we'll come back for you." Nyx said as they were waiting outside the entrance to the desert and everyone nodded and got in a line. Lille was up front, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Kiawe, and finally Ash at the tail end.  They walked for a while before a sandstorm kicked up and nobody could see a few inches in front of their face.  "Hold on we're not too far from the ruins!!" Nyx shouted just above the howling winds. "We've got this come on guys!" Lana yelled and the group nodded even though no one could see it. Ash was walking the back with Pikachu on his shoulders and he was mostly squinting trying to see ahead of him without sand permanently blinding him. 

As he was walking he hit something and ended up tripping falling on his face into the sand. He sat up and reached forward due to muscle memory but when his hand touched nothing he opened his eyes. he couldn't see much but he didn't see his friends or them calling for him and when he looked what he tripped over it was a stack of stones meant to guide people through the Desert. "Pikachu...we're all alone," Ash said out loud and the only response he got was "Pika..." I know I should stay where I am but I should probably find cover. Ash thought to himself as he stood up and Pikachu jumped on his shoulders again. Ash began walking again using one of his arms to cover his eyes so he could open them a bit wider to see more.

Ash doesn't know how long he was walking but he eventually found a nook where the Sandstorm wasn't nearly as bad. "I think we'll stay here till the Sandstorm dies down Buddy," Ash said as he sat down on a boulder alongside Pikachu. They were there for a while waiting for the sandstorm to at least slow down.  The sun was a bit beyond the midpoint when the sandstorm finally slowed make no mistake it was still very much going but Ash deemed it safe enough to leave the nook. "where should we go Pikachu? I don't know the way to the Ruins of Abundance or the exit... I guess whichever one we find first is the one we're taking." Ash shrugged just before they left.  The walk was pretty boring so Ash decided to just talk to Pikachu. "I spy with my little eye something yellow and grainy," Ash said as they hiked over a sand dune.  "Pikachu." Pikachu cried before hopping on the sand. "yeah It's sand once again...There is pretty much nothing else around here." Ash said as he made it to the top of the dune. Eyespy was pretty boring and they didn't have anything else to do so when they reached the top of another dune and saw the exit Ash sprinted toward it after sliding off the dune... 

"Now where do we go I guess we could try to meet up with the group or we could meet up with Professor...One thundershock for meeting up with the others or two thundershocks for meeting up with the Professor." Ash asked Pikachu who in response used thundershock twice and Ash nodded. "The professor is going to be so mad we got separated from the group." Ash sighed while remembering what he was told that morning. "Ok, now we have to find Mount Hokulani...I guess we're asking directions huh bud." Ash said as he and Pikachu went toward the little motel they spotted on the way to the desert. 

"Do you know the way to Mount Hokulani, ma'am?" Ash asked the lady behind the front desk. "Here's a map I have something I have to do I wish you and your friends luck getting to Mount Hokulani." The lady said before rushing off. "Ok well, we have a map so we got directions not in the way I expected but hey still directions," Ash said as he turned his head toward Pikachu who just looked confused.  

Ash and Pikachu followed the map and boarded the bus up the mountain he got some weird looks for traveling alone but no one asked anything. He and Pikachu disembarked the bus and after asking a few people and many strange looks later they were heading to where the meeting was taking place the observatory. "I think still have a beach's worth of sand in my ears...I hope I heard an observatory because I don't where else the Professor would be." Ash said as he and Pikachu walked around and..." Ash what-How-!!?"Ash heard someone shout and as he turned his head he saw Professor Kukui sprinting toward him when he reached him he was immediately given a hug and was getting checked over and then a tall blond dude in a blue jacket was right beside Kukui. "This is the student that has been entrusted to you by his mom...I get why you said he's accident prone poor kid's covered in sand and scarpes." The blond man said. "Yeah this is Ash, Molayne you got a first aid kit?" Professor Kukui said and Molayne immediately left and came back with a first aid kit and after bandaging his scrapes and sitting down with him, "Now where are the others, and how did you get here???" Kukui asked with Molayne nodding. "Wel..." Then Ash recounted the past couple of hours to the two men. After a couple of moments of silence, Kukui spoke once again. "Ash, what was the one thing I told you not to do?" Kukui said as he put his head in his hands."Get separated..." Ash said with a slightly nervous smile. "And what did you do?" Kukui asked. "Get separated..." Ash said and Kukui threw his head back and sighed and at that moment Molayne busted out laughing at the duo.

"Let's get in contact with the class and Nyx who I need to talk to because she hasn't contacted me about any missing kids." Professor Kukui said before walking away to do just that. "Hi my name's Molayne we haven't had a proper introduction but I'm one of Kukui's friends from back on our island challenge," Molayne said as he shook Ash's hand and the two talked for a while till Kukui came back in with a huge scowl on his face. "She didn't think to tell me one of the kids was missing for HOURS. She told the class she told me but she didn't even try." Kukui grumbled and Molayne winced because he had seen Kukui's wrath and has even been on the other end of it a few times he knows Nyx is screwed. "Time to get the rest of the class and get home," Kukui said before he and Ash said goodbye to Molayne. When they arrived at the Marina Kukui pulled Nyx aside as Ash reunited with his friends and told them his adventure in the desert and up the mountain. When they got back to school and everyone was picked up Kukuitook Ash out for Ice cream to make up for his time lost in the desert.

This one was pretty short and Day 11 is also going to be pretty short compared to what I have been writing so I apologize for it not being as long. Day 10 is going to a part of a two-parter for X-men more details later. I don't have much else to say I hope you have a good day stay tuned for tommrow.-k